Cosmic EP3 type r

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Definitely switch that intake out next. Get yourself a gruppe m or tegiwa' ripoff version, not cheap but worth it.

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Definitely switch that intake out next. Get yourself a gruppe m or tegiwa' ripoff version, not cheap but worth it.
The plan was teg m mate but it's mapped on on the Injen intake so would mean a tweak done on the map so for the mean time it's staying, made very good power on that intake u only get heat soak sitting bout in traffic,

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
The plan was teg m mate but it's mapped on on the Injen intake so would mean a tweak done on the map so for the mean time it's staying, made very good power on that intake u only get heat soak sitting bout in traffic,

Fair enough(y) I had a Teg M on mine when it was N/A and best intake you can buy, tbh I've never seen good figures from that style of intake but would near take Paul's figures with a pinch of salt lol

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Fair enough(y) I had a Teg M on mine when it was N/A and best intake you can buy, tbh I've never seen good figures from that style of intake but would near take Paul's figures with a pinch of salt lol
They are mate best you can get for sure, yeah tdi North dyno reads higher than most, it's going on the dyno this Saturday coming so go from there

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
They are mate best you can get for sure, yeah tdi North dyno reads higher than most, it's going on the dyno this Saturday coming so go from there

Dynodynamics dyno will give you a fair reading. Get a turbo strapped to it then you'll see how good they are;)

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Well she was dyno'd made 230hp 164ft/lb
As above the induction kit is very restrictive so we'll be going for tegiwa m intake sooner rather than later either a tweak on the map or might do a full map again after fitting I don't usually go chasing figures and the car drives amazing so I'm happy for the moment!

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Also got round to fitting plastic slam panel
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 64

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Looks fantastic cleaned up. Quite a shock on the power figures though, just goes to show the difference in rr's. But if it's feels good to drive what do figures matter :grinning:

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Looks fantastic cleaned up. Quite a shock on the power figures though, just goes to show the difference in rr's. But if it's feels good to drive what do figures matter :grinning:
We all know tdi North reads high I was expecting 235-240hp, but as delboy said that induction kit is very restrictive, so I'll get a tegiwa box and that should make a good difference, we where thinking did the fella previously have a teg m box on and took it off and put that induction on it cause they go 2nd hand for £250/£300

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Always wanted a Cosmic Grey one of these after getting a drive in a friend's one years ago.

Looks great all cleaned up. (y)

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
That's a generous dyno too. Id have that map looked at tbh, my car very nearly made that on stock ecu on the heart breaker rollers!

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
We all know tdi North reads high I was expecting 235-240hp, but as delboy said that induction kit is very restrictive, so I'll get a tegiwa box and that should make a good difference, we where thinking did the fella previously have a teg m box on and took it off and put that induction on it cause they go 2nd hand for £250/£300

Yes I'd say you could be right there, good way of getting a few more hundred quid out of the sale.

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Gotta love TDI North's rollers.
:confounded:
Lol we think it could off had the tegiwa intake on it and it could of had cams for that dyno sheet I have off it, was speaking to previous owner and my car had a m factory lsd on it was taken off be4 he bought it so you wouldn't know, just going get tegiwa intake and get the mapped tested and prob retuned now

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
Lol we think it could off had the tegiwa intake on it and it could of had cams for that dyno sheet I have off it, was speaking to previous owner and my car had a m factory lsd on it was taken off be4 he bought it so you wouldn't know, just going get tegiwa intake and get the mapped tested and prob retuned now

Possibly the case but they do get questioned all the time on their figures it seems.

Yes if your going for a remap a change of intake should see gains but don't expect a big jump.

Nice car.........enjoy it

P.s drop tdi north a message as they should have car on file with info.

AndyG

RMS Regular
Dyno figures mean nothing really.. still great figures regardless. Teg M would be a great buy for it, plus there is no better looking intake!

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Dyno figures mean nothing really.. still great figures regardless. Teg M would be a great buy for it, plus there is no better looking intake!
Correct Andy I said didn't wanna chase figures but I think I'll go with teg m inbox cause it's the best lol, get few more ponies out of it, the car has the best breathing mods expect for induction so was expecting a bit more tbh, the map could still be from cams or anything so will be better in the long run, the car drives a dream u have seen it go :grinning:

white sport

RMS Regular
OP
white sport
Drives
cosmic ep3
Possibly the case but they do get questioned all the time on their figures it seems.

Yes if your going for a remap a change of intake should see gains but don't expect a big jump.

Nice car.........enjoy it

P.s drop tdi north a message as they should have car on file with info.
Iv mailed them they have the car on record and then tuning it with the graph I have but unfortunately they don't have the list of mods cause it was 6 years ago

Reactions: ek4
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.