Custom exhaust or Milltek?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I had a non-res on my A3 and it wasn't overly loud. Actually loved the noise of it, quiet most of the time but sounded great when you gave it some welly! :laughing:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I'd like a wee bit more than standard but not something that will annoy the neighbours or give me a headache on the very odd time it does get a longer run out. Will do some youtubing tonight and see. Some say the non-resonated is spot on with the standard cat and manifold.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I've a turbo back non res milltek on the Leon and I hate loud exhausts.
Its hardly noticeable on warm idle, barely louder than a neighbours standard MK6 Golf R.
It is a bit louder on cold start in the mornings and some noise at motorway speeds but not to the extent where you couldn't have a normal conversation with the passengers.
It's a loud ******* on boost though, but then I don't mind that.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I find it so hard to justify the likes of Milltek when there are so many decent aftermarket makers now. Personally I love Cobra Sport, though Dee's did make a decent cat back for my old Cupra too.

Funny enough I heard a rover ZT V8 with a cobra exahust recently and it was immense!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I had a resonated Milltek on my R53. Sounds standard ish on tick over but nice when opened up. No drone at motorway speeds either.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Just put a non res milltek on my s4 .Fair bit louder on tick over and totally makes the car when giving it loads.Has a bit of noise at 50/60 but not totally annoying to me,the other half says it's just downright childish and I'm a di@k,

Markon

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3
I waited around 2 months hoping to find a used milltek catback for mine. Ended up just buying a new non res one which im getting fitted on friday finally

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
I had seriously thought about stocking miltek systems but when you are looking to chuck money at them and they wont even answer simple emails about waranty, lead times etc I just lost interest, if thats the way miltek roll I can do without them. Good reviews on Janspeed headers with sportcat mated to a jcw system (y)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I had seriously thought about stocking miltek systems but when you are looking to chuck money at them and they wont even answer simple emails about waranty, lead times etc I just lost interest, if thats the way miltek roll I can do without them. Good reviews on Janspeed headers with sportcat mated to a jcw system (y)
InIn fairness once a dealer they have a great system and support

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Isn't a mini exhaust just a straight pipe anyway?

No afraid not.

$_35.JPG

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Was it Richard? The valved one does seem to be more expensive, yet you still have to use the standard valves and install them into the Milltek.

Yeah it was. He sits opposite me :grinning:

Yeah the valved ones seem to be a more intricate design to allow you to use the standard valves if you want to keep it really quiet when just cruising about like standard.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
After an evening on youtube, decided I'll go for non-resonated :oops:

It's not as if the car is particularly user friendly anyway so might as well just go for it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.