D-turbo screwing - help needed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NO BETTER MAN

it say s on the link to turn it anticlockwise and turn the pump screw clock wise.....

Id try and keep to there guide lines

Cormac

RMS Regular
NO BETTER MAN said:
it say s on the link to turn it anticlockwise and turn the pump screw clock wise.....

Id try and keep to there guide lines

wen u have a 130bhp d-turbo then u can give advice :p

Cormac

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
did all this to day and it has not made a big impact on my mates 306 and its runnin at 18 psi but there is feck all kick off the car

NO BETTER MAN

you must have screwed it the way cormac has told everyone !!!!!

if you done it right she should defo have a big difference........l

Cormac

RMS Regular
Tufty said:
did all this to day and it has not made a big impact on my mates 306 and its runnin at 18 psi but there is feck all kick off the car

You must have gone wrong somewere then!! Read ovr the instructions again just to make sure!

you must have screwed it the way cormac has told everyone !!!!!

The way I have stated is correct, If u are refering to the competer screw doesnt matter which way u have it screwed on mine!!

Cormac

Bryan

RMS Regular
I suppose you'd need to have a good D-turbo engine to start with. If the timing's slightly off before you screw it up it might not be much of a difference.

I haven't tried screwing my engine up yet - I'll fit my dump valve first and then when I get a pressure gauge I'll have a go.

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
The compensator fuelling screw does go anti clockwise cormac mate, makes a differnce cos def noticable from the smoke created if nothing else!! Cos i had to adjust it a couple of times to get a reasonable amount of the dirty black smoke!!!

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Not sure but its easy enough to turn screw done for mot anyway!!! Its only unburnt hydrocarbons from the diesel so it should pass mot anyway and they only detect emmissions from idle anyway!!!

Cess

RMS Staff
If its smoking like mad, it means your fuel is burning efficiently! You're overfueling and basically chucking diesel straight down the exhaust. Screw it back a bit - should still get less smoke and still have an increase in power and torque.

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Done that already!!!

Could do with srewing up the turbo a bit more though cos i only beat a standard d-turbo by about 2 car lengths on a strip just short of 1/4 mile!!!

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Done that already!!!

Could do with srewing up the turbo a bit more though cos i only beat a standard d-turbo by about 2 car lengths on a strip just short of 1/4 mile!!!

Cormac

RMS Regular
Ah u finally got round to doing it then? Impressed with ur new found power, would be worth getting a boost guage see wat boost ur running!

Cormac

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Will do pretty soon, nice to have a little more power but as i say have to tinker a bit more and see how much more she will go, i was actually surprised to find a garret turbo as well thats why i was asking cos i thought it was going to be a kkk and couldnt see the bell shape, soon found the garret though!!!! Which is a peice of p!ss to adjust!!

Bryan

RMS Regular
You really need to get yourself a boost Gauge as Cormac says - don't wanna turn the turbo up too much.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Not from what I've read... you only need to put a t-piece in the boost compensator pipe and route the vacuum pipe to the inside of the car.

Piece of pie really.

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Will get a boost gauge soon!!! Havent screwed the turbo that much just to be sure of not overdoing it!!!
Im not even fussed of having the gauge in the car just might hook one up to see what psi im putting out??

Cormac

RMS Regular
If u get one get a 2bar one! I have a 1 bar gauge but mine boosts at 1.6 bar :grinning:

Cormac

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
You still running at 129.6bhp cormac or have you turned it down a bit to save the engine???

Cormac

RMS Regular
Nope still on full power m8, no prob to report as yet, sum smart remarked the other nite my engine was a time bomb ready to blow IoI I love it..

Cormac

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
How many full turns have you done your wastegate arm??? done mine about 4/5, but as i said only beat a standard d-turbo by 2 lengths on 1/4 mile!!!!

Cormac

RMS Regular
Not sure lost count IoI If u look up at the arm theres about 2 threads left on the arm so its pritty much full open!

Cormac

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.