D-turbo screwing - help needed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cormac

RMS Regular
dturbopug said:
soon found the garret though!!!! Which is a peice of p!ss to adjust!!

There a right fecker to do, the locknut and arm are always sieced!! U sure u done it?

Cormac

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
There aint no lock nut as such just a safety pin thing!! Then the arm can be wedged off with a screw driver!!! The trickiest bit was putting the arm back on the catch after winding it in and making it smaller, but there was nothing seized and def no lock nut, have you ever screwed a garret cormac?????

Cormac

RMS Regular
dturbopug said:
There aint no lock nut as such just a safety pin thing!! Then the arm can be wedged off with a screw driver!!! The trickiest bit was putting the arm back on the catch after winding it in and making it smaller, but there was nothing seized and def no lock nut, have you ever screwed a garret cormac?????

I doubt u got a m8 to do this by the sounds of it, The actuator arm has the same prinsiples of a trackrod end, the end bit that u ajust then a locknut to keep it in position, Yip i done my garret which was a fecker to do, was badly rusted, need sum heat to get it moving!

Cormac

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Bollocks cormac mate, i done it, sure the turbo is feckin roastin as i had to waitfor it to cool before i could touch it and there was very little rust, thats not a lock nut either just a bolt that holds the actuator arm and a clip to hold it on, which poped off!!! Cormac lad you sure you done this yourself cos you were badly wrong about the compensator fuelling too, if i would have listened to you i would have been cutting the fuel off, not turning it up!!!!

Cormac

RMS Regular
Excuse me M8 but u asked advice, i gave it to u, If u think ur d-t's quick enough bring it to bishopscourt sum nite and ill race u, The bolt is a nut locking the end of the rod in place, If u had done it urself ud have known that!

Cormac

Bryan

RMS Regular
I would imagine there would be a lock nut on it - but I haven't got round to fiddling with my engine yet.

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
So did you remove a lock nut or a spring pin cormac lad???

The Blue Arrow points to the Wastegate arm. Notice that there appears to be two sections of the arm. A rod (rusty looking bar) and then a sleeve over it. The sleeve is actually threaded, and must be screwed onto the bar - this effectively making the arm shorter. In order to screw this sleeve further onto the bar, the arm must be released from the other section (the flat plate). This is done by removing the spring clip, as pointed to by the Red Arrow - try not to lose it, you'll need it later! The Wastegate arm can then slide off, and the flat plate can be moved out of the way:

Bryan

RMS Regular
Cormac means there should be a locknut where the blue arrow is pointing. I don't think he's disputing the fact that there was/wasn't a spring clip holding the arm onto the lever thingy.

dturbopug

OP
dturbopug
Bryan said:
Cormac means there should be a locknut where the blue arrow is pointing. I don't think he's disputing the fact that there was/wasn't a spring clip holding the arm onto the lever thingy.

Fair enough, couldnt be bothered anymore any way!! Just saying i know what im talkin about, cormac lad im sure you do too!! Think we ahve just got our wires crossed, im sure you 306 is quicker than mine, and certainly i will give ya a race in bc!! All a bit of craic, have you got removed the cat cormac lad, puts about another 5bhp+ on here with a straight pipe!! Then she would be sh!t quick!!!

Cormac

RMS Regular
No CAT on 94-96 models but gonna do away with the middle box soon hoping it will give her more of a burr

Cormac

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.