DAB Headunit, worth the hassle?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I get DAB signal no problem around Lurgan/Craigavon Portadown no problem. Although recently I've been listening to podcasts in the car.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So in summary, unless you live in Bangor, go for it.
Most of my travels these days are between, Newtownabbey, Ballyclare, Parkgate and Antrim, focused more in the greater Newtownabbey area, so possibly worth it then!

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
Had many a signal lose with dab, even around Belfast, but all my problems stemmed from the antenna. Tried the adaptor for your oem antenna, Useless. Same can be said for the sticky on glass ones I tried imo. Bay specials were just as bad

Replaced the antenna with one I got off these guys In Car DAB Digital Radios > Cheap DAB for cars > dabonwheels and can say I've never had a problem since anywhere I've went.

Imo a lot of dab problems are antenna based, replace your oem car one with a decent amplified unit and enjoy

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
have had random DAB dropouts round midulster after the m22 and between templepatrick and antrim on the m2, everywhere else has been generally fine

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
How would these work with Japanese imports? Where the antenna is in the rear window which is tinted?
Been wanting to venture into dab for a while but now I want to upgrade the iPod radio an may aswell get a dab with USB an I won't need to change again if it's the aerial I'm thinking off

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@Cartunes are these compatible with Sony head units? And will it work on a Audi B6 (assume they are powered)
Hidden aerial etc ?

The splitter wouldn't be the best solution, but they are hidden from view. there are two types of DAB connection at the head unit. Only Pioneer seem to use one of them, and other brands use the other. It's best to check this with whoever is selling the splitter - they should have the information on file. They are powered, yes!

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Thanks
The splitter wouldn't be the best solution, but they are hidden from view. there are two types of DAB connection at the head unit. Only Pioneer seem to use one of them, and other brands use the other. It's best to check this with whoever is selling the splitter - they should have the information on file. They are powered, yes!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.