Daily beater - '01 Impreza WRX

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Picked this up last night for a bit of summer fun, needs a bit of tidying but was priced accordingly and seems fairly sold mechanically, drives well and should make a good daily once all sorted.

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Immediate plans are to tidy the bodywork and give it a good clean,
Give it a good service
and then maybe unlock some more horseies :grinning:

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
a hideous straight pipe and the obligitory chav valve , all on the todo (y)
Lights will be changed, cant decide if i will just go OEM bugeye, or the whole hog and get blob with the bumper to match

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
it hasnt been hit (as far as im aware) but it has seen paint (poorly) to fix various scratches etc.

Jason

RMS Regular
a hideous straight pipe and the obligitory chav valve , all on the todo (y)
Lights will be changed, cant decide if i will just go OEM bugeye, or the whole hog and get blob with the bumper to match
I've a set of hawk eye lights if you fancy them?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Will be after the pure reds , but thanks for offer (y)

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
yup thats the going rate and ill need the bumper to match them too :sob:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Same with evo 7 tail lights they are £300 for a set ffs. If that's a daily beater I wouldn't be throwing 200 at it for a set of lights Simon. Health to stage in the summer.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Some amount of car for a daily beater, fair play.
Heath to drive (y)

Now I'd be a fan of both evo's and scoobs, I've just never been able to afford an evo.
But when someone asks me which I'd rather own, I ask them to look at the amount of subarus that are daily drivers compared to the amount of evos. Its pretty one sided.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Some amount of car for a daily beater, fair play.
Heath to drive (y)

Now I'd be a fan of both evo's and scoobs, I've just never been able to afford an evo.
But when someone asks me which I'd rather own, I ask them to look at the amount of subarus that are daily drivers compared to the amount of evos. Its pretty one sided.
Cheers Andy , the pictures flatter it , needs a wee bit of love but will do the job , need to shift the BM now

Have you still got the project one Simon?
Yup still tucked in the shed , not a minute to look near it really , still in two minds about keeping/selling

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Agreed. Some of the positions of the bolts on the brackets are laughable. Particularly the driver's side. Well worth the (literal) blood, sweat and tears come mapping time though (y):p