Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

big cyril

RMS Regular
@Pumesta Re the Leon episode of overtaking on the blind bend - risk taking like that is down to a personality trait, the person just can't override the need to get ahead and in his head suppresses the obvious risk.
Personality doesn't change much with time, each time he gets away with it affirms his behaviour until the time his luck runs out and there's major carnage. ie it's probably not a once off.
If I had footage like that I'd be straight to the PSNI, to be honest I think not reporting it is irresponsible.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Saw a wee motor doing that before and going towards Belfast and saw another appear out under the bypass heading towards bangor another day so I think it's a fairly popular 'rat run'

Yup, I've seen it myself.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
first one, I always wondered if a car would fit down there lol wasnt sure if there would be any bollards etc to prevent it.

I used to travel that way to work every day, if the traffic was backed up and i was in a rush, i sometimes nipped down through that little side road....

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
That should be the music off now.... Songs called 'I'm a villain' and I thought it was apt for this hero

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Would be interesting as well..your speedo indicates around 50mph ?

ie is the road NSL and the dangerous driver wasnt really speeding ?

Not that exceeding any speed limit even comes remotely close to what he did in terms of dangerous. But it's just more proper evidence speed isnt the danger on the roads, it's ****tards.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Yeah - I had slowed to approx 30 as there was a car had pulled into the road on the left just before and I was speeding up when f**ktard decides to overtake.

I did accelerate and could have booted it to stop him from getting in but I had my mrs & wee girl in the car with me so didn't bother. I couldn't believe he made the overtake.

Interestingly he turned up left at the carryduff cross roads and i continued straight.

He then undertook me further down the saint field road before heading off left at annadale embankment. He must have been balls lit driving everywhere

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Whats the craic with the break checking? Did you flash at him then he dropped the anchors or why would he do that? It doesn't look like it was because he was approaching the car in front with too much speed.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Most, but not all, some base spec cheap boxes still do without. I thought it was the law too, but apparently not.

Looked like he panicked and slammed the brakes on. Lord only knows why, lol. Tigerfood, plenty of it around :grinning: We just need to keep our wits about us and stay out of their way...

Sure @Big Pimp could just drive right over him anyway in the RRS, lol :innocent:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus

Taken from the top link....lol!

gif-handbrake-553110fcce77b.gif