Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Both their faults,, lorry would get charged with driving without due care and attention. He had ample time to drop back, and as a "professional driver" should have spotted the risk.. Same with the car, he left it too late and manuovered without due care and attention.

Both knobs.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
That is awful, 10 years for his brakes failing?

Proper freak accident that.

If it was brake failure, you could nearly consider manslaughter charges depending on how the maintenance of the truck was.

But for the driver, hard to say. There's maybe more to it than simple brake failure.

Now I'll admit I don't know much about lorry braking systems bit was always under the impression that the trailer brakes were air brakes and that the air pressure was used to hold them off so of that system failed then they jammed on. And that tractor unit had a separate braking system.

From what I read about it, maintenance wasn't up to scratch on the lorry and/or some failed checks etc, so thats why he got done for 24 counts of homicide plus 7 other charges such as driving without the applicable licence and I think he was working illegally too.

martinopy

RMS Regular
Drives
Granturismo
Both drivers being a bit daft but why on earth would you just drive into the lorry and wreck your own car and caravan? Some people just completely lose it once they get behind the wheel.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yes and no.

The correct thing for the idiot with the caravan to have done was continue to the next exit on the motorway and then return back.

The caravan idiot deliberately drove into the paths of two vehicles trying to force his way in, and there is no way ever he could have claimed he didnt see either of them. One was right alongside him, the other seems to have been a truck of some sort ( camera vehicle )

The caravan was 100% in the wrong by driving over the chevrons too, that wasnt a case of leaving it late, it goes far beyond that.

Caravan idiot deserves all he gets really, it's just a pity others did get involved in the accident.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Agree, some people think that an indicator means 'That's where I'm going' rather than 'That's where I want to go'.

Would have been easier if the truck guy just let him in however, can't imagine he never needs others to do him a favour....

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Lorry driver is an ignorant git imo.

You think trying to push other vehicles out of the way when you're in the wrong, then actually deliberately driving into one is better ?

Watching it again, it defies belief what the caravan idiot actually did. In no uncertain terms he did actually deliberately ram the camera vehicle. It wasnt an accident at all, it was 100% deliberate

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
You think trying to push other vehicles out of the way when you're in the wrong, then actually deliberately driving into one is better ?

Watching it again, it defies belief what the caravan idiot actually did. In no uncertain terms he did actually deliberately ram the camera vehicle. It wasnt an accident at all, it was 100% deliberate

Maybe my comment wasn't worded very fairly nor clearly, I agree the car driver was in the wrong but I believe the accident could have been easily avoided if it weren't for the lorry drivers ignorance and determination to withhold the car from pulling in in front of him.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness plenty of lorry drivers do this at motorway junctions, leave no quarters. Hitting the brakes on a big lorry with a load, and then getting the thing up to speed again is just too hard, and wrecks their fuel milage, etc. And there is no way they could swap lanes as easily as you might in a car. They never let anyone in or out. (But they do expect everyone else to slow down for them when they want to overtake the lorry in front doing 0.5mph less then them, cough :p )

You get it both when entering and exiting, can be so dangerous. And they are bigger, so always win, lol.

Though no excuse really on exits, if in the wrong lane then you cannot exit... Not the end of the world if you miss one, we all do it. Just turn around at the next one.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Here's one I seen this morning online.

While the guy towing the caravan was clearly in the wrong for leaving it so late, surely the van/lorry driver should have dropped back and let him in? Instead he closed the gap and drove aggressively?

Inclined to agree the caravaner was wrong in leaving it so late, however the lorry driver could have avoided the accident, it was totally obvious that an impact was going to happen, he could have moved to the left, or dropped back, he didn't sound his horn, he appeared to actually speed up following the initial impact and looked to make no effort to stop until the 4x4 actually blocked his path.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It doesnt look like the caravan idiot was leaving it late as such. Traffic looks fairly slow moving and in a queue, not helped by roadworks. It does just look like he was an idiot then decides he wanted to barge in regardless, almost demanding everyone should stop and let him in despite being 100% in the wrong. Probably one of those numpties who always blasts up and things he can force his way in and everyone will move out of his way.

There is no defence whatsoever for the caravan idiot, he should have just realised his stupidity and went on to the next junction.

And the lesson the DOE would tell us from this, is speed kills.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Here's one I seen this morning online.

While the guy towing the caravan was clearly in the wrong for leaving it so late, surely the van/lorry driver should have dropped back and let him in? Instead he closed the gap and drove aggressively?

@pobmk4 video I was telling you about earlier.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
It doesnt look like the caravan idiot was leaving it late as such. Traffic looks fairly slow moving and in a queue, not helped by roadworks. It does just look like he was an idiot then decides he wanted to barge in regardless, almost demanding everyone should stop and let him in despite being 100% in the wrong. Probably one of those numpties who always blasts up and things he can force his way in and everyone will move out of his way.

There is no defence whatsoever for the caravan idiot, he should have just realised his stupidity and went on to the next junction.

And the lesson the DOE would tell us from this, is speed kills.

Don't get me wrong the tit in the CRV was being a total ****, it also looks like he doesn't have the extended mirrors fitted. But it looks like the lorry driver made no effort to avoid the accident it actually sounds like he accelerated after the accident, to insure the CRV got pushed round in front of him. It would be interesting to hear a lorry drivers take on the situation @AIRFORCE1 as to if the accident could have been avoided by the lorry driver, as opposed to most of us who's lorry driving experience is watching Convoy

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Don't get me wrong the tit in the CRV was being a total ****, it also looks like he doesn't have the extended mirrors fitted. But it looks like the lorry driver made no effort to avoid the accident it actually sounds like he accelerated after the accident, to insure the CRV got pushed round in front of him. It would be interesting to hear a lorry drivers take on the situation @AIRFORCE1 as to if the accident could have been avoided by the lorry driver, as opposed to most of us who's lorry driving experience is watching Convoy

I don't drive a lorry for a living but I imagine if I brought my damaged lorry back to the yard and showed my boss that footage, he/she would say, 'why didn't you just brake and just let him get in front of you?'

I'm sure the majority of motorists caught up behind that, probably for hours would say something similar.

Caravan driver clearly in the wrong but the collision could have been avoided IMO.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I don't drive a lorry for a living but I imagine if I brought my damaged lorry back to the yard and showed my boss that footage, he/she would say, 'why didn't you just brake and just let him get in front of you?'

I'm sure the majority of motorists caught up behind that, probably for hours would say something similar.

Caravan driver clearly in the wrong but the collision could have been avoided IMO.

Because he accelerated to leave a space behind for the idiot to move into ?

Yes it could have been avoided, if the caravan driver wasnt an idiot

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Easily avoidable, even though the caravan shouldn't have tried to bully it's way in think off the ballache both now have to deal with in accident reports/insurance etc.

Plus the inconvenience for the motorists unfortunate enough to be caught up in all that for probably hours, idiots!

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Lol @Darren91, typical..... Just because he "put his indicator on" it automatically gives him the right of way. t**t!

So what if the guy driving could have slowed down, it was obvious that whatever he done the knobend with the caravan was pulling in anyway, he has brakes too, why didn't he just do as per the Highway Code and wait until the space is available and then proceed.

K55

RMS Regular
Has the typical ignorant british 'must get in front of the lorry' attitude. Not the first to be put through the cones.

Although in fairness in that instance I wouldn't have kept the shoe in it until he was wrapped around the front like thon boyo.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I can't understand why, when the caravan knew the lorry wasn't going to let him in, he didn't stop. He just crashed into the side of the lorry. It was fairly clear that the lorry wasn't going to make way for him. The caravan could have stopped on the chevrons with his indicator on, and the next car would have let him in.

garyo

RMS Regular
Stopping on the chevrons would be even more dangerous...

Than crashing into the lorry? Agree totally that he should have just took it on the chin and moved on to the next exit, but people like this seem to have very little awareness and common sense in the first place, let alone when they find themselves in a **** measuring contest to see who's gonna give in first, so I'd say moving on to the next exit never even crossed his simple mind.

In this instance I think both parties had the power to prevent the collision (hate using the word 'accident' as it's rarely accurate!), but the simple fact is that if it wasn't for the CRV driver there wouldn't have been an incident which needed avoiding.

We've all been there, whether rightly or wrongly, when we've been cut up by a lorry at a junction or roundabout or whatever...can safely say though it's never crossed my mind to think that I'm gonna come out on top by ramming a lorry with my car.