Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
That's exactly what my individual setting is at, I cannot stand that fake sound through the speakers8o|

Tried Eco once, don't like the way it drops the revs every time you come off the accelerator

Yeah the coasting is weird and then the pick up isn't great when you get back on the accelerator again. The fake noise is irritating

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
In Eco mode?! :eek:

What do you get in Normal?

We average 36 in normal and I managed 40.5 in Eco once but it was literally painful.

Ha! Never even used normal mode. Race or Individual. At the start I just kept it in Race and pulled the stick back for non sport (D1 - D6).

Josh C

RMS Regular
Tried Eco mode on a run to Cullybackey today and this was the mpg

View attachment 135621

I'm sure it'll do better if you were trying but I'm not that hung up on fuel economy so that's the last time it's likely to be in Eco mode.
I'm currently using Individual mode set to mostly sport settings but with the fake engine sound set to Eco which greatly reduces the sound.
Almost certain you can have the fake engine sound turned off completely, probably need to be a dealer diagnostic computer though. We've turned it off on a few Octavia VRS so it's probably the same for VW.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ha! Never even used normal mode. Race or Individual. At the start I just kept it in Race and pulled the stick back for non sport (D1 - D6).

What way does that work?

Also, what does Sport in the box do over Drive, in Normal mode for example.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Almost certain you can have the fake engine sound turned off completely, probably need to be a dealer diagnostic computer though. We've turned it off on a few Octavia VRS so it's probably the same for VW.

You can with VCDS (or whatever it's called) but my car is a lease so will leave the coding alone (y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
What way does that work?

Also, what does Sport in the box do over Drive, in Normal mode for example.

In sport it'll hold the gears right up to the redline when you put your foot down. When you select Race the gearbox will go into Sport mode and all the exhaust flaps open.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I brought the manual on the boat today to read about ACC and noticed the bit on launch control. Can't see me ever using it!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I brought the manual on the boat today to read about ACC and noticed the bit on launch control. Can't see me ever using it!

I love the ACC but haven't changed the distance settings on it, just work away as it is set as standard. You can increase or decrease the distance before it starts to brake for you - its v clever. I use it in 30mph zones all the time

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I hate it on the motorway, hence wanting to read about it. I was actually hoping you could disable it and use it as normal cruise control but alas no. Need to decrease the distance just.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I hate it on the motorway, hence wanting to read about it. I was actually hoping you could disable it and use it as normal cruise control but alas no. Need to decrease the distance just.

If you come up behind a car and you start to slow down, if you indicate it'll pick the pace up again. Also, in Individual mode you can set the ACC to Normal, Eco or Sport (I think)

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

It's called the soundaktor and you can just unplug it. It's easy enough to do and there's a good few how to videos on YouTube.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Gave the car a long overdue wash yesterday and today. Thought the dirt would have come off easier with the Gtechniq coatings but it didn't :worried: Maybe I left it for too long.
Anyway, process was Articulate, Ultrafoam, rinse, 2 bucket wash with Gleam and a new Wo-Wo mitt, rinse, washed again but with Gtechniq G Wash just to try it, dried with 3 Wo-Wo towels. Wheels were done with Articulate, Wheel Woolies and a Wo-Wo wheel mitt, dried with Wo-Wo wheel drying towel & tyres dressed with Megs spray stuff I've had for years. Paintwork got a coat of Gtechniq C2V3 - fingers crossed this makes a difference.
Need to spend a bit more time on the wheels next time but only on one side as the other 2 are due a refurb :oops:
Some quick pics in not great light.

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

Still need to sort a metallic black version of the rear bumper protector but keep forgetting :oops:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Lovely! Glad that you finally got the results from the washing. We got there in the end!

Came up really well - took me 4 hours though! Should stop being a lazy heure and wash it more often. I'll try next week with the Articulate / Ultrafoam combo and see how I get on (y)
Will give the Ultragloss a go too. Didn't use it this time as I wanted to get a coat of C2 on. Thought the Ultrafoam was super BTW.
Pics don't do it justice, it really is shining.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Silly question, but, once ultra glossed, can we dry the car off? Or does that defeat the purpose?

Last edited: