Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I'd rather have the cloth personally anyway.

Discovery Nav is the only thing I'd like.

Think I'd be happy enough with CarPlay and use Apple maps for Nav. Unfortunately mine has the mute button so CarPlay can't be dealer activated.

Yip my wife wanted leather, when she seen the quality even she new it wasn't worth £1700, very poor:worried:

I wouldn't give the money for it even if I was buying. I actually really like the cloth seats too.

I emailed Vehicle Savers about buying the car at the end of my lease and they said it wouldn't be an option but I could try ringing the finance company closer to the time. After doing some sums the man maths for buying out of the lease early doesn't make sense. I'll just let the lease run and save a few quid every month towards buying a car (y)

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
D you may well get a better specced car for the same money anyway, Unfortunatly like any model of car the initial (normally quite large) outlay of cash towards expensive options are usually not reflected in resale prices. I see some very nice specced Rs for sale similarly priced to poverty specced vehicles so I think this is where you could really benefit with being a cash buyer

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
D you may well get a better specced car for the same money anyway, Unfortunatly like any model of car the initial (normally quite large) outlay of cash towards expensive options are usually not reflected in resale prices. I see some very nice specced Rs for sale similarly priced to poverty specced vehicles so I think this is where you could really benefit with being a cash buyer

True Ian, mine is poverty spec with the pearl paint being the only option. My only criteria for the next one would be 3 doors, DSG and CarPlay. Heated seats & Nav would be nice but they're a pretty decent spec before adding options anyway. Might also be nice to have a different colour too. Quite fancy a white one next time.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
True Ian, mine is poverty spec with the pearl paint being the only option. My only criteria for the next one would be 3 doors, DSG and CarPlay. Heated seats & Nav would be nice but they're a pretty decent spec before adding options anyway. Might also be nice to have a different colour too. Quite fancy a white one next time.
Yea there's a 3 Door white one near me with the Prets and it does look dam tasty:p
For my next one I'd like
Oynx White/LSG
Pan Roof
Black Prets
Nav Pro
Winter
Rear Camera
DCC

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Yea there's a 3 Door white one near me with the Prets and it does look dam tasty:p
For my next one I'd like
Oynx White/LSG
Pan Roof
Black Prets
Nav Pro
Winter
Rear Camera
DCC

Love this one -

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG

Ordered these last week in 11mm front and 16mm rear (Forge Motorsport)

IMG_0520.JPG

Will need some 40mm and 45mm bolts and some lockers.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Im

very sane compared to some others on here :grinning:
If I can afford something i get it, if not... I get it anyway he he he

More the fact your working you way through VWs colour chart I meant lol.

I still think yours is the nicest R to date, wheels and colour are perfect.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
There's golf r's out there for 18-19k now with 30 odd k miles. Not many folk specced leather on the lease deals by the looks of it.

Guy I know who does 'mileage correction' says the amount of clocked golf r's floating about here is ridiculous.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
More the fact your working you way through VWs colour chart I meant lol.

I still think yours is the nicest R to date, wheels and colour are perfect.
Oh wow really? What a compliment so thankyou Sir.:oops:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Not much of an update but looks like I'm over my 5K mileage allowance already this year with 3 months to go. Charge per mile is 5.2p + vat so 3K miles extra over the 2 years will set me back just shy of £200. Should really stop being a lazy heur and start using the bike for work.
I sourced some longer wheel bolts from eBay 40 and 45mm, and some extended black series lockers from Euro Car Parts on eBay. I'll fit the spacers when I get the wheels refurbished.
Bought some of this in anticipation of getting some 19" Pretorias but that's not happening now so I'll use it on the Cadiz

IMG_0040.JPG

Gets good reviews and is allegedly easier to apply than Gtechniq.
Bought a Kamikaze 3" backing plate for my Rupes with the intention of having a go at making the top of the rear bumper look a bit better

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

Also bought a clear bumper protector from a German seller on eBay for £13 odd.

bumper Protection film Paint Scratch Transparent Clear VW Golf VII 7 2012 | eBay

IMG_0042.jpg

If I can't get the scratches out I'll just fit the matte black one I already have.
I really should stay off eBay when I've been on the gargle!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Gyeon Rim is definitely a lot easier to use then Gtechniq, I've used both so feel able to comment on this. I'd also say it works better too from experience. Just be sure to have some IPA (or Gyeon Prep) on hand for a final wipedown before application.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Gyeon Rim is definitely a lot easier to use then Gtechniq, I've used both so feel able to comment on this. I'd also say it works better too from experience. Just be sure to have some IPA (or Gyeon Prep) on hand for a final wipedown before application.

It was your post on vwroc that swayed my decision (y) I have a bottle of IPA and some Menzerna Panel Wipe too.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Looks cool. I'm all for cleaning a car and have spent plenty of hours on the end of the buff but I just do not think I could go to the effort of actually properly cleaning and waxing and detailing a lease car. Never mind paying for fancy ceramic coatings etc that some seem to.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Looks cool. I'm all for cleaning a car and have spent plenty of hours on the end of the buff but I just do not think I could go to the effort of actually properly cleaning and waxing and detailing a lease car. Never mind paying for fancy ceramic coatings etc that some seem to.

I agree with you for the most part. The idea behind the coating was to make cleaning it easier and to give some kind of protection from everyday wear and tear. There are charges at the end of the lease for damage so the coating was to potentially minimise the potential for damage / charges.
I'll have this car for 2 years and don't mind looking after it to a certain extent. To be honest the car has been washed about 5 times in the 9 months that I've had it so not excessive cleaning.
Would the damage costs outweigh the potential charges? Probably not. Would I spend the money again protecting a lease car? No. I would just give it a coat of sealant every couple of months instead.
Sometimes it's nice to have a clean motor even if I don't own it.
This is likely to be my first and last dabble with leasing as I would like to own my next car again.