Detailing Virgin

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Detailer/valeter, who cares, everyone does the same thing at the end of the day and that's cleaning cars. Just different people use different methods/products/techniques...

-Pete-

RMS Regular
Detailer/valeter, who cares, everyone does the same thing at the end of the day and that's cleaning cars. Just different people use different methods/products/techniques...

exactly ruth and if you read my post john youll see i said to the same effect that:

"you wash your cars how you like and let everyone else wash theres how they like"

everyones still only cleaning/polishing their cars at the end of the day.

as for someone defending their methods, why not if someone is trying to undermine them^o) baz has even just justified his own by posting up that picture. again as i said in my previous post, i genuinely wanted to see what his results where like from using a bucket and sponge but i think that picture is after a fresh polish maybe?who knows.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
All I'm saying is there are easier and cheaper ways of getting as good a finish as people get by using a dozen different products. I've been valeting for the past 12 years or so in my spare time and every single product I use now is due to trial and error, hence the fact I use trade products, since they're generally better. And as for pics, if I had a decent camera I would post them

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Difference between a detailer and a valeter is a detailer wears an apron and uses a 150rpm buffer.

anlygi

RMS Regular
OP
anlygi
Drives
FN2 CTR
Oh its helped me alright. Helped me decide its not such a good idea! I think all this one coat of this, one coat of that nonsense until my car is an inch bigger all round is a bit beyond soemone who has never waxed a car before! Think i will try SRP first and see how i get on. Although i appreciate the advice, i asked for it, i don't want to jump in at the deep end.

If i arse it up then one of the know it alls above have a new customer!

Thanks for the input lads.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I was in the same situation as you lad, too many products and nobody to tell me what to use....just used to wash and wax with whatever my dad had lying around.......

Now I am convert to Meguiars products - straight off the shelf and easy to use.

Meguiars shampoo put on with their mit thing and dried with their waffle towel
Bit of their clay bar kit if the car REALLY needs it then some of their polish and a final coat of thier wax.

Thought it was a good system and car was washed very 3/4 days ( works jetwash) Then Tim from here detailed the car with a porter cable...UNBELIEVABLE, but I realised you CANNOT get this finish by hand.

Just been onto wwwcleanyourcar.com and bought some of the Sonus gear and Menzerna polish as it was recommended by one of the better "detailers" from the local sites. Well explained site and thier prices are excellent.

But as posted do what you want its your car, all depends how much time/effort you want to put in and the results you want to achieve. Meguiars site lets you input your car detials etc and they TELL you which of their products to buy - Try it, its free LOL

Good luck and get some before and after pics up

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.