DRIFT - RACE - DRAG @ BISHOPSCOURT. All Updates, All Info, its ALL in HERE..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Sounds good Wayne.

As Timmy says, theres 3 of us interested (y)

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
Measures have to be taken to prevent this becoming just another diffin spot.
Diffin is fine if that's what your'e into, but there are other places for that.
This WILL NOT become one of them. I hope you all agree.

Entries will ALL have to be booked in advance with certain conditions attached, such as standard of car, etc...

These are not intended as spectator events therefore only a limited number will be permitted with each driver entered in the track activity.

First day I have planned for this is Sat 10th Jan.

How does that sound to you guys? ;)

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
As said earlier, 'Local to Nuttscorner'.
Details of the actual venue are closely guarded to prevent anyone spoiling it for us before we even get it going. Patience dudes!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Folks with the help of Wayne Owens we have come up with this 2009 UDC Calendar. Sized at A4 portrait (images are a5 with a5 write in calendar at bottom) and priced to sell.

I collected the final batch of them the other day so will have PLENTY at Bishopscourt on the 6th & 7th December for sale in the sign on area at the event :grinning:

These will make perfect Christmas gift for anyone with an interest in drifting or if your pictured in it maybe they'd be a nice thank you to your sponsors.

3010287829_9117b4bbe3_o.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Always in for the sales pitch, eh G..? :p

The event sounds good Wayne.

What about more than 1 driver per car? Yay or nay?

If yay, then what kind of track time you be looking at per car, and would each driver have to pay seperate, or would the price be per car?

Cheers

Nicky

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
LASTBLAST-Contenders.jpg

Any one of the Top 3 drivers in the points standings can take the overall champonship with a win at the Final, double points scoring round. Never before has the championship been so close. Good luck to all the contenders!

Congratulations to Dane Ferry and Stephen Carleton for securing their respective class championships in the SWRC Racing Series. Both men can now enjoy the final round of the year with no pressure.

This event will also serve as the last opportunity of the year to settle all disputes and grudge matches on the Drag Strip. The winners will enjoy bragging rights, right through into the New Year!

Sunday 7th will also include Test Sessions and the NOVICE DRIFT ARENA.

Entries can be reserved for all sections of the weekend event here: http://www.sideways-racing.co.uk/index.php?page=event-bookings-2

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i'll be down both days selling calendars and will obviously be snapping the UDC Final for CarSport :laughing:

i cannot wait at all!

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
will be out for the craic in the flying rx myself,
only thing, surely only damien mcbride, and richard bradley can win it,thats unless clive heatherington makes a special appearance from australia? think it's him

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
mickey stock is in OZ and drifting very well out there also now :laughing:

Clive has been in the matte black s13 the last few events while the red car gets a rebuild

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
will call in tomorow mate as i'm at tech and will be passing yours at some point :grinning:

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
SCHEDULE - Sat 6th Dec

Drag Practice Runs ... 10am – 11am _____ Race Practice ... 11am
Drag Qualifying ... 11.15 – 12.15________ Race Heat 1 ..... 12.15
Drag Qualifying ... 12.30 – 1.30_________ Race Heat 2 ..... 1.30
Drag Qualifying ... 1.45 – 2.45__________ Race Final ........ 2.45
Drag Fun Runs ..... 3pm – 4pm

SCHEDULE - Sun 7th Dec

Test Sessions ... 9am – 11am __________ Novice Drift Arena ... 10am – 12.30
Drift Practice ... 11am – 12.30
Drift Qual ........ 12.30 – 2.30
UDC Showcase (Non Qualifiers’ Runs) ... 2.40 – 3pm
Drift FINALS (Top 8) ... 3pm – 3.45

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
@ deemc ... Just follow this link: http://www.sideways-racing.co.uk/index.php?page=event-bookings-2
You can reserve your spot there or pay on the day. You'll just need a helmet and driving licence.

You'll see by the schedule that we'll also have some circuit racing to break up the DRAG day.

The format of the Drag Racing will differ from previous events also in that we have dropped the elimination finals, which no-one, especially spectators seemed interested in. Therefore the winning drivers will be those who record the fastest time during qualifying. So at least if you need to pull out early with some mechanical difficulty you'll still be in with a shout.

Practice runs will also be timed, but won't count towards the competition (its an insurance thing) ;)

Deemc

RMS Regular
Drives
Hydro Is200
Na dont think ill try the circuit dont want anyone crashin into me or me crashin into them lol. But ill def be heading up for the drag racing.. Big time.. Il just pay on the day tho i dont have paypal :worried:

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
No, you're not eligible for the circuit racing. I was just saying about the schedule.

That's Dead on anyway (y)

Here's a few scenarios for the Drift Championship outcome after the results of the final round:

McBride wins... McBride is Champion

Bradley wins... Bradley is Champion

1st Heatherington, 2nd McBride, 3rd Bradley ......... McBride is Champion

1st Heatherington, 2nd Bradley, 3rd McBride ......... Heatherington is Champion, McBride & Bradley TIE for 2nd!!!

Ofcourse, there's a whole list of other drivers capable of winning this last round. Not least are '2008 King of the Court' Paul Conlan and former title contender Alan 'Chubby' McCord.

It should be a DEADLY showdown. Clench your butt cheeks, this should be a helluva ride!!! :cool:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Cant wait for this 1 (y)

Going to book the NDA at the end of the week,

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
NEW VENUE SECURED!!! Drift Practice Arena debuts on Sat 27th Dec.
Limited Entries, priority given to registered UDC / SWRC drivers.
Paypal advance payment available for non-registered drivers from Mon 8th Dec (y)
Location of venue released nearer the event. :-# :relieved: :eek: :oops: :scream: :laughing: :cool:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Is tha new venue only for the drifters, or is it for the amatuers too? :oops:

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
OP
SideWaysWayne
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
'Amateurs' welcome too. Its a practice arena afterall, but you never know, we may well run a full event or 2 there next summer. ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.