Dundonald to Ards Speed Cameras

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

EDZ 7

RMS Member
Drives
BMW Coupe
DO THESE CAMERAS WORK ?

Got into a wee race with a Leon Cupra R about 6 weeks ago , needless to say i ended up doing around 145 the whole way into Ards .
I haven't heard anything yet regarding a speeding ticket and i have also been making a few inquiries on this .
Apparantly the PSNI don't have planning permission yet for these cams (average speed type) and although they work , nothing can be done regarding prosecution .

Anyone here been done on this stretch of road ???

Jack-Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
Eg K20 Project!
Im not sure if there even working on the way back, lee has shot through them aload of times and no tickets.

AndyG

RMS Regular
i know of alot of people to speed through these and not get caught

Jack-Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
Eg K20 Project!
Its not even worth speedin, the road is rough as **** and the amount of loose stones is shockin.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Maybe means 145kph.

You'd need to be pretty dumb to come onto an open forum and claim you were doing 145mph on a public road, stating the location and saying you were racing at the same time.

In fact...dumb wouldnt even come close.

Cue: rybo arriving at your door with a red hot poker !!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I was once told that because there are no signs up indicating that the speed cameras are there, it's illegal for them to work. some law that states that there needs to be signs up etc

I don't think they work. but as previously stated coming on here giving details of a 'race' and doing 145MPH, I thought it was a late April Fool....

adamski08

RMS Regular
Drives
96 ek civic
the cameras never had planning permission to be out up so an answer to your question no they dont work.
still dont mean go and do 145 alone it every time.
have seen police on that road all the time

EDZ 7

RMS Member
OP
EDZ 7
Drives
BMW Coupe
Maybe means 145kph.

You'd need to be pretty dumb to come onto an open forum and claim you were doing 145mph on a public road, stating the location and saying you were racing at the same time.

In fact...dumb wouldnt even come close.

Cue: rybo arriving at your door with a red hot poker !!

I think the old bill would need a lot more info if they were to persue a case . ie Names . Vehicle Regs .Times/Dates etc.I also deliberately didn't put in MPH/KPH .
I was infact doing 145 Knots ( very windy that day)

Imagine having a sports car and going fast

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
knots are very close to mph.

And an open and written admission is just that !! You'd be surprised what some cops would do to secure a conviction.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Well 145 knots would mean you were doing 167mph. Must have been real windy.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I did 170 along there in the Micra. Good road for rallyin leek.

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
If you posted pictures of my wife then it would be her getting the attention not you. You would need to try a lot harder than that if you want to take me on the banter road.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
The cameras also point the wrong way from every other average speed camera I have seen

W9NGJ

RMS Regular
definitly not working, i drove from ards one night, went a tad over and only realised i was and lifted my right foot. i emailed the police to see if they were working and they emailed back saying no

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Tis true, they dont work. But how could you even think that they would get you heading into Ards, they only cover the Dundonald-Bound lanes.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.