Dundonald to Ards Speed Cameras

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
145 is crazy on that road, it's in real bad condition at the minute. 70 mph feels uncomfortable on it.
By the way, is that your reg above your avatar?

EDZ 7

RMS Member
OP
EDZ 7
Drives
BMW Coupe
145 is crazy on that road, it's in real bad condition at the minute. 70 mph feels uncomfortable on it.
By the way, is that your reg above your avatar?

No , that is not my reg (askmid) .
People on here post pics of their cars with the regs showing and i think thats crazy . Potential theives could pick up on this and find out where you live .

Q. Does no one else here speed (the odd time??)
I would never do it in a built up area , but on a straight stretch of road what's the problem .
My car feels very safe at this speed - people are doing it day in , day out on the autobahns.

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
My car feels very safe at this speed - people are doing it day in , day out on the autobahns.

Last time I checked the road there isn't an autobahn. It's a low grade dual carriageway with a grass median and a bad surface.

There's also a number of farms and houses along there. You're doing 145 that's a mile every 20 seconds. How long do you think it takes Farmer Joe to look up the road, see nothing, then start to cross the road in his Massey and slurry tanker? He's half way across the road, you've gained a mile, hit him. The slurry, body parts and scrap metal would be landing in Stormont...

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
the cameras never had planning permission to be out up so an answer to your question no they dont work.
still dont mean go and do 145 alone it every time.
have seen police on that road all the time

The cameras in question are "NOT FOR DETECTION PURPOSES" but are used for software development, nothing to do with "no planning permission" or any other bo11ox. This is the reason they are pointing the wrong way and they do not have any "SpeedCamera" signs. The company are trying to develop rear number plate reading software so they can detect bikes and boy racers who think that puttng their front number plate on the dashboard will avoid detection. Once in a while a container unit will be seen behind the barrier of the first camera at the top of the hill. The container houses the hardware used to test the system and police vehcile do the test speeds.

Police do not control or place these cameras so PSNI do not need planning permission. All fixed point cameras are run by other agencies. Only when the detection is made are police involved.:mad:

CW E46

RMS Regular
No , that is not my reg (askmid) .
People on here post pics of their cars with the regs showing and i think thats crazy . Potential theives could pick up on this and find out where you live .

I would never do it in a built up area , but on a straight stretch of road what's the problem .

1st of all- WAB!

2nd of all- wise up, a would be thief can walk down a street and see 100's of number plates and find out where the owner of the cars lives, someone showing a pic of their car on here with reg. showing on here does not aid a thief at all

3rd of all- i wish you had a pic of your car on here with your reg. so i could find out where you live and give you an almighty slap for being such an mong- you should be locked up for doing that speed on that road. you'll know all about it when you kill a family, which you will if you keep up that sh1it

EDZ 7

RMS Member
OP
EDZ 7
Drives
BMW Coupe
CW - Most cars on here are modified in some shape or form - therefore they would appeal more to the j riders than the average car out there .

As for coming round to my house - you'd be leaving in an Ambulance sunshine

PS : Dont see your reg on display. t**t .

ryanpatterson

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline R33 Gtst
Well was it not a bit silly doing that speed if you were unsure if they were working or not? As said its a public car forum used to find out info and have a bit of banter. Not to post up stories of what you have raced on the road and what speed you have been doing.. Anyway you have found out that these cameras dont work anyway so you have an answer to your question. But before you go and try to race someone else just like this just think if anything did happen at this speed (tyre blow out, someone pulling out infront of you or anything in your car going wrong) Its not only your life your putting into danger, but other road users too.

stubbsy

RMS Regular
Drives
old skool pre 96
145!!!!lol. sure my golf fills the clock at 160 along there running on brand spankin new "sunny" tyres:relieved::relieved: i find they grip to the road surface along there like glue:party::party:

obviously the statement above is a load of kack!!!! but sure, so is the origional post:p:p

a brave few peeps have lost there lives on that stretch of road in the past:worried::worried::worried:

hopefully my wife, with my 2 children in the car with her, dont come across you on the road:worried::worried:

o and as you can see ,my reg is visible;);)

avo5021

RMS Regular
Are you sure the 145 you were reading wasn't 1:45pm as indicated on your clock..!! Anyone travelling along that road at even 100mph is a complete d1ck for the reasons pointed out before, if you did travel at 145mph then one day i will be pleased to introduce myself to you, i hope for your sake its when i stop you and speak to you in person and not when i'm taking measurements on the roadside of where your car first impacted into the people carrier carrying a family full of kids to the point where you eventually came to rest, this would be slightly before when i speak to you whilst conducting a tape recorded interview after caution for causing death by either careless or dangerous driving, then it wouldn't be BA's wife i'd be concerned about whilst you were having a remission free holiday in Maghaberry for between 5 and 7 yrs...

Sir you come across on a public forum like a real tube..!

FatRat

Drives
M3 Evo SMG
Avo that makes two of us. Now I know EDZ 7 speeds along there I might just try out my trigger finger and see how many I get. The Dundonald end is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel and I'm getting a bit bored with it. Especiallly now I've told them all the cameras aren't for detection purposes they may be in a false sence of security.

Alan212

RMS Regular
Drives
Vx Insignia sri
My car feels very safe at this speed - people are doing it day in , day out on the autobahns.[/QUOTE]

Theres a hell of a difference between your car "feeling very safe" and actually being safe.

Ur a Muppet!!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
i classify 75-80mph as speeding so yes i admit i would occassionally 'speed' along there

145mph is not just speeding

what a spoon

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
145mph is not just speeding

Its M&S speeding.

I once did 94mph down that hill on a pair of heelys.
heelys_sneakers.jpg

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
guy is havin a laugh sure he says he was racing INTO ards... the cameras are on the other side...

anyone else noticed the massive skid marks goin down into ards before the roundabout.. wonder where they came from...

Hammath

RMS Regular
Drives
Sc3n3 Civic.
You sir, are a grade A arsehole.

Wise up. Driving fast doesn't compensate for a lack of genitals. You'll soon realise and hopefully before you kill someone.

scub

Banned
Maybe means 145kph.

You'd need to be pretty dumb to come onto an open forum and claim you were doing 145mph on a public road, stating the location and saying you were racing at the same time.

In fact...dumb wouldnt even come close.

Cue: rybo arriving at your door with a red hot poker !!

x2 ....is the o/p from crete??+o(

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
145mph along the ards carrigeway, is this guy for real....what a complete and utter tool.

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo

Reality check time.

If you are comparing the Autobahn to that crumbling stretch of road between Dundonald and Ards then you need your eyes tested.

I'm not saying I'm an angel myself but you need to drive to suit the road conditions mate. If you don't then it's only a matter of time before it hits the fan.

It's all fun and games till somebody loses a bollock..

paulmicmac

RMS Regular
1st of all- WAB!

2nd of all- wise up, a would be thief can walk down a street and see 100's of number plates and find out where the owner of the cars lives, someone showing a pic of their car on here with reg. showing on here does not aid a thief at all

3rd of all- i wish you had a pic of your car on here with your reg. so i could find out where you live and give you an almighty slap for being such an mong- you should be locked up for doing that speed on that road. you'll know all about it when you kill a family, which you will if you keep up that sh1it

A serial speeder giving advice on speeding, now that is funny!!!
Does it cut down on the time your off the road if you advise others?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.