E39 M5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
It was regarding the oil accumulator, but I cannot find any info about physical differences between pre and post facelift.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup, I've been following it for a while. However inspector @Boabybooster has flagged up a 4 year break with no MOT from 2012 to 2016.

Literally sounds perfect in every other way though.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Yup, I've been following it for a while. However inspector @Boabybooster has flagged up a 4 year break with no MOT from 2012 to 2016.

Would that matter? Likely to have been stored during that time - certainly worth a conversation with the seller

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I suppose the average Joe wouldnt service a car every year if it was parked up.

Sent them an email there about the MOT anyway, forgot about the service side of it though.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
If you look at the old and current ad for it it states full service history. Last service was carried out 4 years ago.

Understand that but do many people service a car that is stored or similar? No MOT and no service for 4 years likely means it was stored.

Ok you have to be careful as things can and do wear even when stored but it wouldn't put me off if it was the right car.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
He traded an E46 M3 in for it a few months ago. No mention of it being stored previously.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Mine gets serviced every two years. I don't see the point in doing it every 1k miles

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Mine gets serviced every two years. I don't see the point in doing it every 1k miles
But then if someone says it's fsh and it's not been serviced annually it's not fsh. As it will say 10k(or whatever mileage) or annually which ever comes first.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I would never, ever buy a car again that had sat about for years. Not unless you like replacing core plugs, hoses, shocks, steering racks etc etc.

Heater matrix a particular favourite :worried:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I feel your pain @Lyons , I keep looking at E92 M3s. I know it wouldn't be practical but that doesn't stop me wanting to buy one. Just need to find the right one. I'm considering going to see the one J&F group has although it's a manual.

Gambit

RMS Regular

last mot date is Oct 2013

nearly looks like its been bought as investment during the 4yrs inbetween

https://cazana.com/uk/car/Y131LMO

EDIT: id be inclined to ring SYTNER BIRMINGHAM - and check the car history if you where keen on it. seeing as they state the same name in each ad

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
But then if someone says it's fsh and it's not been serviced annually it's not fsh. As it will say 10k(or whatever mileage) or annually which ever comes first.

I just don't get the need for it to be serviced every year if it's hardly being used. If it was doin 10 miles per year would it still need serviced? My z4m had a gap in the service history when it had been stored for a year, didn't bother me as it had 30k miles and was absoultey immaculate. I had an inspection 2 on it for peace of mind but it was grand anyway.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I feel your pain @Lyons , I keep looking at E92 M3s. I know it wouldn't be practical but that doesn't stop me wanting to buy one. Just need to find the right one. I'm considering going to see the one J&F group has although it's a manual.

I think its gone. Well, it hasn't been there for the past 2 days anyway.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.