E39 M5

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Spoke to the seller there, 9 BMW stamps but no service between March 05 and October 09 (only did 7000 miles), and none between June 13 and May 16.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Should've called in!! :cold_sweat:

Need to sell the TTS first. Then the tyre kicking can properly start.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I just don't get the need for it to be serviced every year if it's hardly being used. If it was doin 10 miles per year would it still need serviced? My z4m had a gap in the service history when it had been stored for a year, didn't bother me as it had 30k miles and was absoultey immaculate. I had an inspection 2 on it for peace of mind but it was grand anyway.

rubber hoses go dozy, core plugs and waterways corrode, timing belts crack with age, oil seals in shocks dry up and shocks burst first time they're drove for more than a few miles, steering rack develops surface rust and pitting which tears internal oil seals when driving them eventually, bushes harden and crack, fuel gums up, etc etc

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That's definitely a worst case scenario (parked outside and not turned over for 4 yrs) vs one which is kept indoors and maintained by servicing (regardless of usage) and short runs/started up weekly. Unfortunately with no paper trail for MOTs and so on, it's really just a matter of talking to the previous owner and gauging how they kept the car for the period it was seemingly off the road. But as far as M cars go, they definitely prefer to be driven than parked up in my experience.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.