E46 320d Touring

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yup, big improvement there! All these touches have come together nicely ☺️ Some spacers at the rear and that's about it 😄

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Thanks lads. I’m surprised at how much they change the appearance of the car!

And thanks @pablo for sending the link. Much appreciated.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Well worth it though. The Touring looks mint (y)
Yea definitely worth it! They were cheap at what they were at, and the guy had two more buyers due to call (I know it was probably a ploy) so I did well to snap them up this morning when I did.

However in typical Fakebook fashion, he made sure to tell me they’re for a BMW as he said he had 7 boys call to the house before, all in Caddy’s and all gurning at him that they wouldn’t fit a VW, despite the ad clearly saying BMW lol.

Thanks for the kind words.
you mean you stole her purse lol
🤫🤣

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Can’t help but to look back at the car now! Totally in love with its looks now! Lol

51FEBD36-0B7A-42D0-9B6E-1E27549FA2FE.jpeg

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Looks brilliant, I love the wheels. And is sitting just the right height.

The only thing I would even consider now is maybe small spacers, but maybe not even that.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Not much of an update really. When I was replacing the wheels I noticed a bit of wear on the inside of the front left tyre, then remembered that I hadn’t had the wheel alignment checked after I did all the suspension work to the front of her, so this morning I booked the car on with @RubberLover to get it checked tomorrow morning!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
@Blackie keep this one please.

Looks well...
I’m not gonna lie. I have been looking on Fakebook and Scumtree, but I can’t find a suitable replacement.

Certainly nothing that looks as good anyway.

Now I know she’s very far from being a show queen, she has a little bit of surface tin worm in places, but she’s a solid car and drives well.

The fella with the Impreza Wagon is messaging me again wanting to do some sort of deal. It’s a fresher car with no visible rust, but it has a short MOT, falling around Christmas which I don’t like for obvious reasons (eg: could do without that expense falling then every year). The main thing for me isn’t the fuel economy which I’m led to believe is woeful, but the lack of power.

They’re rated at 125bhp and 136lbs/ft torque whereas the Beemer is 150bhp and 243lbs/ft torque.

So I know it’s gonna feel dead compared to the Beemer.

So my head is telling me keep the Beemer. Lol