E60 BMW 520d SE

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
FINALLY I’m now in an E60! lol.

Due to rising insurance costs I opted for a 520d SE.

It’s cheap and cheerful and needs a bit of tidying, buts she’s straight and fairly clean. This is the M47 engined one, so the better engine in my opinion and is essentially the same as what was in my e46. Not sure what BMW did to get an extra 11bhp out of it over the e46 version lol.

It originally came on a (almost full) set of AVA Memphis 19’s and looked a little, well I can’t write what I want to say here for fear of the swizzle stick coming out, but wasn’t to my taste to be politically correct!

IMG_1842.jpeg

So one of the first job was to get rid and get a set of OEM rims, so off to #TeamFFS HQ I went for a fiddle……

IMG_1873.jpeg

And a set of F10 18” rims found their way onto her and instantly made it better looking IMHO.

Then today I set about washing both the E60 and the wife’s i20 N Line

IMG_1888.jpeg

IMG_1890.jpeg

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Nice. Glad you finally got an E60.
Hope it serves you well man!

Ps, that doesnt look like an estate.
3 kids and a doggo requirement eh 🤣🤣
yea I know! lol. Admittedly I was won over by the fact it was an e60. The wife was dead against me getting rid of the Alfa anyway, so I don’t really know what her thoughts are with regards to transporting the dog! lol.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
HTD, definitely recommend downloading the diagnostics software posted in that other thread and get a lead.

colin84

RMS Regular
Cheers and yea I need to as I’ve a parking sensor not working but can’t tell which one lol. They say you can hear them clicking but my ears are goosed! Lol

It is indeed mate.

Get one of the kids to do it. They're fairly easy to hear, whichever ones not clicking is the faulty one.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
HTD @Blackie

Looking forward to the updates, always enjoy your threads

The other wheels might have looked better if it was sitting lower. Any plans for it?

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
HTD @Blackie

Looking forward to the updates, always enjoy your threads

The other wheels might have looked better if it was sitting lower. Any plans for it?
There was only three of them lol.

Plans for now are to sort out the various sensors, service it, then start to mod it.

Air filter, possible egr delete, swirl flap delete, some sort of audio upgrade to allow Apple CarPlay, maybe M Sport kit it….

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Cheers and yea I need to as I’ve a parking sensor not working but can’t tell which one lol. They say you can hear them clicking but my ears are goosed! Lol

It is indeed mate.
INPA can pick up the failed parking sensor, as said for the small cost of a lead and the zero cost of the software it's well worth having. probably some nice features you can code into an E60 too

56oval

RMS Regular
@Blackie i have a swirl flap delete kit here but its the smaller size, not sure what yours is. If its the same you can have it.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Dare to be different and go all Alpina with it rather than M-sport.
That’s not a bad shout actually!!
@Blackie i have a swirl flap delete kit here but its the smaller size, not sure what yours is. If its the same you can have it.
Cheers Ben! Much appreciated! Hope you’ve recovered from your #TeamFFS experience the other day! 😉😂

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I’m going to be honest and say that I don’t like it. And I love E60s

I don’t think the wheels work and I’m not a fan of the chrome trim either. I’ve also never seen one without any tints either so maybe that’s what’s making it stand out

I know people berate the spiders but I think they are the perfect wheel for them.

I haven’t been keeping up with posts but why change the Alfa for this?

I thought the Alfa looked superb and you had it so well sorted

Edit. Just to say as long as you’re happy that’s all that matters

56oval

RMS Regular
I’m going to be honest and say that I don’t like it. And I love E60s

I don’t think the wheels work and I’m not a fan of the chrome trim either. I’ve also never seen one without any tints either so maybe that’s what’s making it stand out

I know people berate the spiders but I think they are the perfect wheel for them.

I haven’t been keeping up with posts but why change the Alfa for this?

I thought the Alfa looked superb and you had it so well sorted

Edit. Just to say as long as you’re happy that’s all that matters
I hear all that , apart from those modern day tsw venoms 🤣🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢.

I had a good look round it and to be fair at this pricepoint, its a bargain barge. Its remarkably straight aside from the odd parking blemish. The old E60 just does it all, its the greatest all round relaxi taxi. The alfa looks sublime, love that shape and interior. So cool. But if you need more room in the back for a leather eater ( canine ). Its the perfect bargain basement barge. Although he shouldve bought mine then he could have wafted around in plush hearing aid beige whilst the dog was in the boot 3 miles behind.🤣

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I hear all that , apart from those modern day tsw venoms 🤣🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢.

I had a good look round it and to be fair at this pricepoint, its a bargain barge. Its remarkably straight aside from the odd parking blemish. The old E60 just does it all, its the greatest all round relaxi taxi. The alfa looks sublime, love that shape and interior. So cool. But if you need more room in the back for a leather eater ( canine ). Its the perfect bargain basement barge. Although he shouldve bought mine then he could have wafted around in plush hearing aid beige whilst the dog was in the boot 3 miles behind.🤣
Thanks Ben and yea the interior of yours is sublime compared to the black leather of mine! Yours sounded well nasty as it was leaving #TeamFFS HQ the other day, of course having two extra cylinders helps!! 😂

But I agree and to coin your term, they’re a great “relaxi taxi”!!

Oh yea and I do like it @Big Pimp , spiders are a possibility as I’ve a friend who has a set, he also has an M Sport rear bumper and side skirts for me.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
First issue fixed on the Big 5, wipers…..

Drivers side sorta jumped when sweeping across the screen, a quick check later and I saw that a bearing had left the chat! lol.

A few days later my new one arrived

IMG_1927.jpeg

Quick (less than 5 mins to swap them out), easy and cheap fix!!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That was me in front of you today in the Range Rover, the car looked good. Those wheels look way nice in person than they do in photos.