E60 BMW 520d SE

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I thought it was you as you passed the top of the estate, but didn’t want to make a t1t of myself!! 😂😂

Thanks bud, I appreciate it.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Next minor issue was the fuel flap/door. To open you’re supposed to push it and it pops out, mine didn’t. I had to use a little plastic pry tool to open it. A little bit of rubber/plastic had broke of the end of the plunger meaning it didn’t touch the door any longer. £7 on eBay later and a new one is in place and all sorted.

IMG_1942.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Next minor issue was the fuel flap/door. To open you’re supposed to push it and it pops out, mine didn’t. I had to use a little plastic pry tool to open it. A little bit of rubber/plastic had broke of the end of the plunger meaning it didn’t touch the door any longer. £7 on eBay later and a new one is in place and all sorted.

View attachment 427940
The best bit about a bmw is the availability of parts and info on fixing stuff, makes life so much easier when doing ur own work.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I’ve ticked off a brave few of the faults on the list lately.

Replaced drivers side front window regulator,
Replaced two faulty rear parking sensors,
Replaced two rear elliptical bolts,
Replaced front arb bushes,
Adjusted handbrake,

Cleaned the inside again and removed the 520d badges from the rear.

Sadly only photo I took was today of the debadging! lol

IMG_2027.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I was out doing taxi for our eldest lad and found a really dark spot and had to take a pic. I need new headlight lenses I think and some white led bulbs for the halo’s
IMG_2057.jpeg

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
That's a lovely motor, mate. I have a BMW first aid kit from a 5 series if you want it. I'll drop it in next week when I'm passing sure.
Cheers bud, and health to drive.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I was out doing taxi for our eldest lad and found a really dark spot and had to take a pic. I need new headlight lenses I think and some white led bulbs for the halo’sView attachment 429608
Was trying to find photos of my lights - I added white sidelight bulbs to the haloes - but PhotoBucket has left a lot of red Xs in place of images. Can’t believe it’s 16 years ago when I bought my 520d.
New bulbs left, old bulbs right
IMG_9609.jpeg

IMG_9610.jpeg

IMG_3612.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
If I remember right, the halo’s are just a 501 sidelight bulb. Handy and cheap to change!
Yea I’ve a set of white led’s ordered from Cyled for her. I’m hoping they’re handy to change! Lol
Was trying to find photos of my lights - I added white sidelight bulbs to the haloes - but PhotoBucket has left a lot of red Xs in place of images. Can’t believe it’s 16 years ago when I bought my 520d.
New bulbs left, old bulbs right
View attachment 429908
View attachment 429909
View attachment 429910
Some difference!!

Lovely looking big wagon! Are those MV2’s on her?

I did hit the headlights with the buff today and they came up much better

IMG_2074.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
How are you finding it? Potentially thinking of a 530i when I get a few things sold.
Aside from a few gremlins, absolutely loving it! Massive car inside and out, very comfortable and so refined compared to anything I’ve had before.

It’s not a slow or as sluggish as folk make out a 520d to be and on long journeys it’s great on fuel.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Yea I’ve a set of white led’s ordered from Cyled for her. I’m hoping they’re handy to change! Lol

Some difference!!

Lovely looking big wagon! Are those MV2’s on her?

I did hit the headlights with the buff today and they came up much better

View attachment 429911
Lights looking better there. Yeah she came with MV2s and I changed them for 172s

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
From I test drove and bought this car the wheel alignment has been badly off, with the steering wheel pointing left despite the car (trying to) drive straight. Let go of the wheel and it pulled to the right.

This in turn (no pun intended) meant the dash was lighting up with “steering faults” due to the steering sensor having a panic attack at pointing left but driving forwards lol.

I took it to @RubberLover ’s boys in Carrick a month ago to have the wheel alignment done and they couldn’t do it because one of the elliptical bolts in the rear suspension had been replaced with a threaded bar and two nuts, meaning there was no way to adjust it.

Following their advice I bought a pair of bolts from Bavarian BMW and replaced them.

Finally got back to them today and got the alignment done and my word, it drives like a different car!!

Steering wheel pointing straight, no more lights on the dash and when I hit bumps it no longer wants to pull me all over the road!!

IMG_2122.jpeg

They can’t do camber, but apparently the camber is just beyond spec.

I’m happy, car feels much more stable and that’s what matters to me!