E60 BMW 520d SE

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
One of the main things I miss about my E60, is the handling.
I’m only starting to truly experience what it’s capable off now! lol. Even then I’ve yet to travel a back road in it since the wheel alignment has been done!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I’m only starting to truly experience what it’s capable off now! lol. Even then I’ve yet to travel a back road in it since the wheel alignment has been done!
That’s my memory of the E60. Fantastic handling and feeling very settled at higher speeds on corners.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
That’s my memory of the E60. Fantastic handling and feeling very settled at higher speeds on corners.
There’s a bend just outside Doagh that in the Alfa at 30mph (the speed limit of the road) I had to lift of the throttle and give a dab of the brakes before going into it…..

In the E60 I can hold it at 30mph round the same bend!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Oh yeah 👌🏻
Driving Top Gear GIF by MotorTrend

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Yesterday I replaced the thermostat as the car seemed to run cold.

IMG_2149.jpeg

The coming days should show if there’s any improvement or not.

I also did a bit of cleaning around the engine whilst I was in there and I dealt with the common “flooding” fault these seem to suffer from. By that I mean u see the cabin filter on the drivers side sits the brake master cylinder, the “pocket” fills with water due to a drain blocking and eventually can make it into the cabin.

Mine thankfully hadn’t started lea koi big into the cabin, but wasn’t far off it. Water drained away, drain unblocked and I’m a happier bunny.

Today I cleaned both the E60 and the mighty Hyundai i20 N Line.

IMG_2170.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I was having a bad day today (don’t wish to discuss), so in an attempt to try to distract myself I decided to fit a few service parts I’ve been gathering up.

I started with an oil and filter change
IMG_2144.jpeg

And then replaced the crankcase breather filter:

IMG_2192.jpeg

Before replacing a totally filthy air filter:

IMG_2193.jpeg

The car should run a little better now! lol.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Good job man. It's getting closer to being done and on my driveway :p

I was out in the r50 earlier and I swear I heard it creek out the word 'Blackie'...

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Good job man. It's getting closer to being done and on my driveway :p

I was out in the r50 earlier and I swear I heard it creek out the word 'Blackie'...
Now stop talking like that, cos’ i’ll end up overthinking things and be thinking there’s a deal to be done……..