EK Silver Civic Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
i always though the colours where black silver white and i think yellow was a mayb tho i cud b wrong

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Yep black silver white and yellow. Spoon bought some of the yellow ones to make even faster. Foo Oooopton as they say in Yapan.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
yea seen one of spoons civic`s on a jap site very tasty n very quick i must say its hard to beat a vtech

Bronk

RMS Regular
tidy! the luk well in silver! get the recaro's in coops :lol:

Cess

RMS Staff
Couple of questions regarding the ebay car....
1. Why the heck does it have red front seats and what looks to be a standard rear bench? Type R's came with recaro's as standard (didn't they?) but did they not do anything about that dodgy rear seat?
2. I also thought Type R's came with a momo steering wheel as standard too? That ebay one looks pretty standard.

Jap freaks clear this up for me! (I note it has the 5 stud hubs)

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
2 ooh 5 said:
Couple of questions regarding the ebay car....
1. Why the heck does it have red front seats and what looks to be a standard rear bench? Type R's came with recaro's as standard (didn't they?) but did they not do anything about that dodgy rear seat?
2. I also thought Type R's came with a momo steering wheel as standard too? That ebay one looks pretty standard.

Jap freaks clear this up for me! (I note it has the 5 stud hubs)

Thats the proper momo steering wheel and rear seat from what I can see from the photos. You could get a type R in cloth trim however

Hideous EK9 Cloth Trim

Momo Wheel

They only made a handful of the cars in silver.

@Rocko, you never know, those pesky japs might have slipped a 1.0 16v micra engine in there :p

Andy

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The EK9 Type R was release in two formats. You could buy the road going version with the Red Recaros, decent rear trim, momo wheel, etc ................ or you could buy the cheaper version which basically had the same suspension, body and engine, but none of the frills. It actually came with grey seats like you would find in a 1.4 base model Civic. This model was specifically targeted at Japanese racing teams who would buy it and strip out the dash/seats/etc to fit their own professional versions. Some people bought it for road use however, as it was cheaper, and then later fitted the front Recaros and steering wheel.

Gaz

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Just wait till I show you the Type R legends DVD. It has Mr Honda himself on it telling you how to mod your CTR if you want even more from it!! He's as bad as us :laughing:

Andy

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
id love that motor!

wots up with the bumper? did they change it when the 98-00 model was released?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Yes thats the (not as nice imo) 99-00 facelift front bumper. It has different wings, bonnet and headlights as well to the 96-98 shape.

Andy

Bronk

RMS Regular
in the face lift version of the civic, is the honda logo on the bonnet different from the pre face lift

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Don't think so Bronk, but in the case of the Type-Rs (of which I've only seen a handful of the EK ones) they had the red bonnet badges the same as on the integras. I must ask the honda boffins over on honda-R! Why do you ask?

Andy

Bronk

RMS Regular
just wonderin, heard my m8 mention it, he has a face lift version , and think he was sayin the badges r different, i.e ones biger than the other

Bronk

RMS Regular
maybe he likes the type r kit? wats it got 2 do with u.......... his car, he can do wateva he wants with it :roll:

Type-R-Steve

Banned
But even just glancing at it you can tell.
Yep he can do what ever he wants. But it'll never be as good as a Type-R, so why go around telling people it is when it's not.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Despite what my signature says, and the winding up I gave people at the start I don't go about telling people its a type R (any more). They already know its a vti, but lets be honest, a vti in standard form looks like any other civic. I wanted to be different but not go down the big bodykit route, a CTR replica appealed.

Only people who know what they're looking for can tell at a glance! :p

Andy

Type-R-Steve

Banned
I saw it the other day parked outside Homebase in Bangor.
I'd you happen to see a Black CTR parked a few spaces up from yours?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Yes I had a good nosey at it. :p On the bridgestones if I remember correctly. Yours?

Andy

Type-R-Steve

Banned
Yeah i kept the Bridgestones when i've needed to change the tyres.
I need some new tyres, and with all the problems CTR wheels have with salt i've decided to get some 18's for it.

The CTR alloys are painted on the outside, but not inside. So when the salt gets at them they just start to bubble. I've already had a new set of 4 alloys from Honda, so i'm just gonna store them and use them for track days.

Getting these
2.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
They should look well. Knocked this up... I'm not too far off.

Cosmetic differences left are: rear wiper, sunroof, bonnet badge, 5 stud wheels.

Incidentally I was out for the first time in an ek9 last night, and it didnt light my fire like I expected it to, though its still a stunning car. I have to say I'd prefer a teg.

Andy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.