EK Silver Civic Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bronk

RMS Regular
as u z coops , only ppl will no the difference is ppl who r in 2 there honda's! ur motor still luks well!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I'm still waiting on my bloody boot panel and the front splitter is pebbledashed with stone chips, but on the whole I'm happy enough with how its ended up.

Andy

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I was getting it resprayed as there was a bad run in it, and lets just say typical bodyshop waiting times. What, 2 months for one panel now.

Andy

Bronk

RMS Regular
hav u tried the wizard? the person who sprayed darrens car...?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
If I was able to physically take the panel and get it sprayed by someone else I would have done that by now, but life is rarely that simple. I'm hoping to get it today but I'm not holding my breath.

Andy

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Type-R-Steve said:
Yeah i kept the Bridgestones when i've needed to change the tyres.
I need some new tyres, and with all the problems CTR wheels have with salt i've decided to get some 18's for it.

The CTR alloys are painted on the outside, but not inside. So when the salt gets at them they just start to bubble. I've already had a new set of 4 alloys from Honda, so i'm just gonna store them and use them for track days.

Getting these
2.jpg

dont do it!
why not just get them painted on the inside i had all mine repainted at nuluk, top job and great finish inside!
a fraction of the price of 18's
a set of different wheels will make it look like its just a kit on it, and slow it down.

Type-R-Steve

Banned
The Type-R alloys on it are the 2nd set i've had. I got new ones on warrenty as the paint was lifting off where it meets the non-painted bit on all 4 alloys.
I'm changing them cus it was gonna be to much bother taking the 17s off, sticking the car on axle stands, not having the car while the rims get painted, and i need 4 new tyres anyway. So now have a set of track day tyres :grinning:

My CTR is slammed as it is, as i can barely get up the 2 inch kerb into my drive and with it being so low the 17s look tiny.

I've a Tein Flex Suspension set-up getting fitted this week, so the 18s should be one a few weeks after that :grinning:

Type-R-Steve

Banned
p 5ary said:
Type-R-Steve said:
dont do it!
why not just get them painted on the inside i had all mine repainted at nuluk, top job and great finish inside!
a fraction of the price of 18's
a set of different wheels will make it look like its just a kit on it, and slow it down.

The wheels i'm getting are lightweight.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
meganecoupe said:
p 5ary said:
Cooper said:
Any other mods done to the honda Steve?

Andy

he has everything chris at car toyz had

did chris not blow his up?

yeah but his blew up because he had little oil in the engine, apparently the type r 's go through half a litre of oil every 750 miles, well thats what mcgarity honda told me, mine isnt bad at all although i guess it depends on how hard u drive it.
spoon throttle bodies , spoon full exhaust system, aem fuel rail , and how do i know type r steve has these parts??? because type r steve beat me to try and get these parts from chris.

Marc

RMS Moderator
****.. nice pieces of kit on that machine then.... just be sure to keep checkin the oil :grinning:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
LOL nice bits indeed, the vtecs respond well to the proper breathing mods for sure. Low engine oil a and RR wasn't the smartest combination!!

Andy

p 5ary

RMS Regular
meganecoupe said:
****.. nice pieces of kit on that machine then.... just be sure to keep checkin the oil :grinning:

its more like a two stroke the amount of oil u need

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Are all the iVtec engines like that or is it just the earlier CTRs that suffered?

Andy

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Cooper said:
LOL nice bits indeed, the vtecs respond well to the proper breathing mods for sure. Low engine oil a and RR wasn't the smartest combination!!

Andy

nope not good, i heard that chris didnt even put it on the rr himself, he was away so it was someone else, wouldnt like to have been that guy!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.