EK Silver Civic Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Cooper said:
Are all the iVtec engines like that or is it just the earlier CTRs that suffered?

Andy

im not sure, i was talking to type r steve and he doesnt have a problem with oil levels and niether do i, but honda told me to keep a close eye as they expected oil drops. i guess the revving out at over 8000 revs has a part to play!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
p 5ary said:
Cooper said:
Are all the iVtec engines like that or is it just the earlier CTRs that suffered?

Andy

im not sure, i was talking to type r steve and he doesnt have a problem with oil levels and niether do i, but honda told me to keep a close eye as they expected oil drops. i guess the revving out at over 8000 revs has a part to play!

My car took a notion once and drank a bit, but usually doesn't take a drop, same with crx's and other vtec civics I've had experiences of. Sounds like honda were covering their back!

Andy

Bronk

RMS Regular
Type-R-Steve said:
I'm gonna get a hondata ecu fitted as well, then get her mapped on the RR.
I may change cams etc as well LOL

wat bhp u hoping 4?

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Type-R-Steve said:

yeah thats definately on my list, just 1 problem money, dam being a student

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
my mate has just fitted a nx nos kit to his ctr jackson racin manifold full system &injen cold air kit ...big diff over standard!!!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
marky said:
my mate has just fitted a nx nos kit to his ctr jackson racin manifold full system &injen cold air kit ...big diff over standard!!!

big diff over standard, im not surprised!
what size is the nos kit?
header say 10-15 bhp
cat back say 4-5 bhp
injen cold air kit 2-3bhp

(can anyone tell me if those figures are reasonable)

bet its loud as f*%k !!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Type-R-Steve said:

i bet u do an all lol cant wait to see it go when u do. :laughing: :laughing:

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
header10-15bhp cat back 5-7 bhp cold air kit claims 7-10 nos kit 50 but will b 75bhp !!!!...when did u sell the megane ???that guy who talked u in 2 doin bonnet &tailgate on the megane needs a pat on the back...lol

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
A bit optimistic on the HP figures, but you know what hondas are like, some go better than others ;)

Andy

p 5ary

RMS Regular
marky said:
header10-15bhp cat back 5-7 bhp cold air kit claims 7-10 nos kit 50 but will b 75bhp !!!!...when did u sell the megane ???that guy who talked u in 2 doin bonnet &tailgate on the megane needs a pat on the back...lol

who was that then?
cold air kit 7-10?

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
thats all manufactors figures!!!!!but dont think there will b to many vtecs about thats quicker .....time 2go buy a turbo 4 yours cooper!!!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
Cooper said:
A bit optimistic on the HP figures, but you know what hondas are like, some go better than others ;)

Andy

which figures? mine or marky

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
a guy who used 2 work in motorstore !!!!=me!!!yeah thats what injen app says!!!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Both-ish, but at the end of the day if it gives the results on the RR/out on the road you can't complain. Manufacturers usually rip the arse out of the figures. Getting a chip and RR setup is the way to go if you want to maximise on your gains though.

@Marky, my car only has a decat and SS exhaust so I would expect a new CTR with those mods to truely whoop my ass. :p

Andy

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
Cooper said:
Both-ish, but at the end of the day if it gives the results on the RR/out on the road you can't complain. Manufacturers usually rip the arse out of the figures. Getting a chip and RR setup is the way to go if you want to maximise on your gains though.

@Marky, my car only has a decat and SS exhaust so I would expect a new CTR with those mods to truely whoop my ass. :p

Andy
i know that mate was only messin with u think u picked me up wrong i know your car is sharp 4 what it is !!!!

p 5ary

RMS Regular
marky said:

i guess u do need a pat on the back, i cud have sold that car so many times with the mods done to it, r u still driving the del sol and trying to race rs focus's?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(and getting smoooooooooooooked)

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
p 5ary said:
marky said:

i guess u do need a pat on the back, i cud have sold that car so many times with the mods done to it, r u still driving the del sol and trying to race rs focus's?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(and getting smoooooooooooooked)
no mate got a 200sx turbo &a m3evo so good luck 2 mr focus now ha ha ha !!!!who bought the megane????

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.