Ex-Police bike

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Imagine how much fun it would be riding around the country scaring the clean shìte out of everyone you meet...
DF6D19DD-534F-466D-B635-1F144099DE6A.jpeg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Apparently legal as long as you cover up / remove the blue lights!
Think you're right, to de-commission I think lights, siren and police wording gets removed and that's it.

There is an astra estate, ex ambulance service near me still fully livered except for ambulance being replaced with 'tool repairs' or something

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Mate of mine drives an ex cop Honda Deauville with ALL the stickers removed. He also wears a white Arai, bright yellow textile jacket and black leather trousers. He still looks more like a cop than the cops do.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Personally I can't stand all this...do-gooders riding around on white bikes with the hi-viz and white helmets. Although it's probably great for overtaking and filtering through lanes. The POLITE thing just ridiculous in my opinion.

There was a case a few years ago in England where some old fella with all the gear thought he was god's-gift to road safety, stopping people and offering driving advice.The real police took him up on it for impersonating a police officer.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
@Dusty he wouldn't be going Belfast bound on the M5 most days would he? I see some lad every day some amount of people slamming the brakes on when they see him.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Mate of mine drives an ex cop Honda Deauville with ALL the stickers removed. He also wears a white Arai, bright yellow textile jacket and black leather trousers. He still looks more like a cop than the cops do.

And you are a bad friend.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I used to see a biker around craigavon a few years ago, had the polite hi-vis, white helmet and a utility belt like the police have. I actually think people used to make life harder for him than regular bikers just because he thought he was the dogs b4lls

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Hate them, t**t springs to mind..

I'm all for people seeing you but equally, why would you want to impersonate a cop? Go with a bright orange hi viz . The downside of being seen is that filtering over here is a nightmare. People have moved INTO my way in a queue of traffic. When we rode to Silverstone and I sh*t you not, a queue of traffic about a mile and a half long, without exception, moved to the left to let me and my two compadres drive up the middle. Bliss.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Agree, an a55hole in a X5 used to hang out to block me every morning on the way to work. Or then there's the occasional well-meaning trucker who nearly drive in the ditch with courtesy, kicking up all the dust and dirt into my face. Sometimes you can't win.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
il look at it from the other angle. if cars etc move over for me i always give them a wee wave.. but when im in the car and i see a bike filtering again i always move over for him/her, but it boils my piss when most dont bother there hole to give a wee wave.. so we arnt helping ourselves lads, it costs nothing to be polite..

as for polite vests.... whoever use them? stop being a knob lol

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Agree, an a55hole in a X5 used to hang out to block me every morning on the way to work. Or then there's the occasional well-meaning trucker who nearly drive in the ditch with courtesy, kicking up all the dust and dirt into my face. Sometimes you can't win.

Must be a BMW thing, 5 series habitually did it to me on the morning commute. Couldn't understand why, he nosed out to block me then had to nose back into his lane so I whizzed past him anyway:laughing:

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
il look at it from the other angle. if cars etc move over for me i always give them a wee wave.. but when im in the car and i see a bike filtering again i always move over for him/her, but it boils my piss when most dont bother there hole to give a wee wave.. so we arnt helping ourselves lads, it costs nothing to be polite..

as for polite vests.... whoever use them? stop being a knob lol

Always lift the hand to people, I'm exactly the same as you when I'm on the bike and in the car.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Why does everyone get so worked up about these vests?
I've bigger things to worry about than someone wearing a high vis with polite on the back of it...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.