F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevyg

RMS Regular
So no Merc for Redbull in 2016 and have terminated their contract with Renault. Red Bull-Honda anyone??? Cant see Ferrari wanting to supply a team that could beat them either.
If I was RB I'd look at firing Newey if thats what it takes to get my hands on a Merc engine for next season. No amount of trick aero will get them close at the moment even if they had a Ferrari engine in the back.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Horner said the pace of Hamilton on Friday at Monza was "frightening".
They 'turned down' the engine for the rest of the weekend for reliability.

I think Red Bull would be better with Renault rather than Honda. If they get a Ferrari engine I would imagine it will be badged as something else, maybe Alfa Romeo or Maserati.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Lewis's new engine was about 40bhp more than the previous one then they turned it down!! They are miles ahead of everyone else, unless there is a rule change or someone invests a ton of money they wont be caught for a few years!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
More positive noise from Ferrari about supplying engines to RB. No way would RB switch to Honda now. Worst case they stay with Renault.

Something will be worked out with someone as long as there is enough $$$ on the table.

I imagine one of the biggest worries for any potential RB engine supplier is the amount of public gurning they will get if RB are not happy with the performance, or think they are getting less than the works team, or whatever... Not an easy partner!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lotus really on the ropes:
BBC Sport - Lotus to 'survive season and beyond' - Federico Gastaldi

Yes, some positive PR in there, but not looking good.

Will Renault really bail them out if there are no takers for their engine next year, especially if they lose RB/TR? What would be the point? Must cost them a fortune already. Imagine if they have to take on the full costs of the engine development, and run a works team at the same time...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Renault officially pulling the plug on the engine. Sad, but no big surprise.
BBC Sport - Renault to stop supplying engines to other F1 teams

The Lotus deal might still go through. Actually, reading that article, the team deal makes more sense again. Get the Renault name more visible.

Any bets on Honda still persevering beyond 2016?

Only option left for RB looks like Ferrari. Either way, it means a complete redesign of the car for next year. And we are already late into the current year... Could well see Mateschitz pulling the plug on the team...

If the dudes running F1 are not worried by all of this, then there is no hope...

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Going to take an awesome drive from someone to stop him.

If he gets pole he will equal Ayrton's record of 'Most consecutive F1 poles'. :cool:

Shaun

RMS Regular
Volkswagen to buy over Redbull and provide engines from 2018. They will use Ferrari engines until then and still keep Redbull as main sponsor!
Good to see more big names coming in!

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
My dads just sent me this:worried:
image.png

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Hamilton fan, but it's great to finally see another team at the front, hopefully tomorrow will be interesting with merc well down.

Probably going to be boring tho haha

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Just watched qualifying. Great job from Vettel! *** I thought he was going to bin it in the wall near the end there lol

Dave..

RMS Regular
Great to see Ferrari and Redbull doing so well.
Fingers crossed Mercedes does better tomorrow.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hoping Ferrari & Renault engines fall apart tomorrow lol.

Nice to someone challenge Hamilton for a change.

Think one of the commentators, either Sky or BBC, mentioned earlier in the year Mercedes didn't like a bumpy track & said then that they would not like Singapore. Prediction was bang on the money.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.