F1 2022

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Not sure if a season calender has been posted yet, but not long to go now.

Screenshot_20220102-112437_Samsung Internet.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
When and where is testing this year?

Great to see Melbourne and Canada back on there. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I'm sure this will be well received :innocent:

The numbers speak for themselves. Personally, rather than a single one I would have, in no particular order: Lewis, Jim Clark, Senna, and Schumacher.

Listen to Beyond the Grid with Vettel. He puts the figures into prospective very well.

Have a listen and then see if that changes your opinion, rather than just looking at numbers on paper (don't mean that in a derogatory manner).

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It's foolish to compare drivers against each other across eras of F1 imo.

However, mine would be (also in no order) - Schumacher, Hamilton, Prost, Fangio, Clark.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
There hasn’t been a peep from Hamilton since Dubai on any of his social channels. Lots of talk that he won’t race next year. I really hope that isn’t true. Would love to see another huge title fight this coming season!

His brother came out and said he was spending a lot of time at home with his dad and mum in law.

Personally I hope he’s just in his room with a picture of Karen Horner and Max on the wall staring it out and getting mental.

Would love him to come into the season and bring the ‘elbows out’ racing straight to red bull

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
His brother came out and said he was spending a lot of time at home with his dad and mum in law.

Personally I hope he’s just in his room with a picture of Karen Horner and Max on the wall staring it out and getting mental.

Would love him to come into the season and bring the ‘elbows out’ racing straight to red bull
Yes, I hope he takes a page from Verstappens book and starts fighting fire with fire. Not saying it's right, but it would make for epic viewing.

There should be something that your time has to be a percentage of your typical race pace, so that you can't start block passing or holding up other drivers.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I can see a big style adjustment from Lewis this year, its clear the rules are allowing more aggressive racing and I dont think Lewis was ready for that.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think it will all come down to any changes to FIA race governance. The rest will follow from that.

Obviously everyone has taken a breather the last few weeks.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The large wheels just look ridiculous on these cars. But hey, it's what the fans want. Apparently...

I do like the apparent simplicity of the rest of the new cars. I'm sure it's as complicated as ever when you start doing the maths, but I like the apparent "back to basics" approach.

I imagine it won't take long for the real cars to start sprouting random appendages and whatnot again once all loopholes have been "clarified".

But hopefully they stay as clean as these models and renderings.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
God, Tobacco based liveries really were the best!

I think once you get over the whole wheels looking huge thing, the cars will look well. The F2 cars have been running 18s for a while, and I think they actually look pretty good.

stevyg

RMS Regular
It's impossible to compare drivers from different eras. Todays drivers are better than yesterdays drivers in every aspect and tomorrows will be even better. Fangio didn't have a simulator, private jet, coaches, trainers and 1500 engineers behind him. He milked some cows, ate a pie & chips before jumping into a death trap with bicycle wheels. If he jumped into todays F1 car he would be as slow & clueless as any of us. The only way to compare them is by looking at their achievements from their time against equal people in equal machinery.
My top 5 would be:
Hamilton
Schumacher
Senna
Fangio
Clark
and I could think of 10 others who are very honorable mentions.

Worth a mention that Paddy Power paid out for Hamilton & Verstappen winning the Championship.
From their website:

“Max Verstappen needed a miracle to win, and one duly arrived in the form of a dodgy decision from the race organizers who appeared to rip up the rulebook and go rogue for the final lap of the race.

A safety car was sent out with six laps left, and that allowed Verstappen to bolt on a new set of tires, and close a 10-second gap to Hamilton.

Cue bedlam with Red Bull going wild celebrating, and Mercedes speechless and livid with the decision to allow some–but not all–of the lapped cars to get out of the way and gift Verstappen the win against a prone Hamilton.

But none of that matters for Paddy Power punters, because we have decided to pay out on both Max Verstappen AND Lewis Hamilton to win the World Drivers Championship.

And, for good measure, we’ve paid out on both Verstappen and Hamilton to win the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix too.

Consider justice served.”