F1 2024

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
He was far from finished when he was at Ferrari. Still had indicar to win and finished his racing career in touring car iirc
I actually had it in my head that he won the title with Ferrari, then went to Indy Car. Duh!

As for LH to Ferrari, then why not when you're getting into your twilight years and yet your stock has never been higher. The money is irrelevant now and it's all about the CV, so why not get a taste of what almost every driver dreams of when the offer is still there. If he stays with AMG for another two years and they go backwards the best offer for 2026 might be from Williams or Haas.

It'll be an interesting team dynamic though with LH bringing engineers and Leclerc having 1st driver status written into his contract...

Last edited:

pablo

RMS Moderator
1707123458842.png

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm sure there is speculation all over the Interweb, but nobody actually knows. It's an internal process.

I guess the only interesting bit right now is they have chosen to make a public statement. Probably to head it off, but who knows.

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
It's a bit odd that news of an internal investigation has been released to the press.

There were rumors of a power struggle between Horner and Marko after Mateschitz died, so this could be how Marko wants to play it.

Or maybe Horner is just a filthy deviant.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
It's a bit odd that news of an internal investigation has been released to the press.

There were rumors of a power struggle between Horner and Marko after Mateschitz died, so this could be how Marko wants to play it.

Or maybe Horner is just a filthy deviant.
External lawyers conducting the investigation so I guess they had to go public with it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It would inevitably leak so might as well get ahead of it. It's actually a good thing they are open about it.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Apparently Hamiltons Ferrari deal is $100m salary per year :eek: highest sports person salary. Ferraris stock jumped $10bn when the news was announced and is hanging around a $6bn rise since the news. What a move for Ferrari, thats epic!

I have no love for Horner but hope the allegations are false so he sticks around. I think it would have to be very serious for RB to fire him.