F1 2024

KevM

RMS Regular
At this stage, they really need to make something stick, or the potential for a defamation case is absolutely huge!

I dont see how he'd stay in his position now either way

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
In other news 🤣

Screenshot_20240209_135115.jpg

stevyg

RMS Regular
I read that the hearing may go on for several weeks even until after the first race. Today was the first time Horner got to hear all the charges against him.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I would imagine so, seeing it's apparently a formal HR process. But they probably also want to draw a line under it as soon as possible. So who knows.

The F1 paddock really is a giant chatterbox gossip party. A Dutch journalist who follows Max around "broke" the news about Horner. And Gasly, best mates with Charles, apparently knew about Lewis' move before Toto 😅

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Let's face it, with Horner it's a case that it's an internal HR issue. There's not likely to be charges etc unless something really bad has happened.

I kinda do feel bad for Max. Surrounded by utter arses, be it his da, Horner, Marko or the in-laws 🤣

I don't think the launch will beat the person presenting introducing Danny Ric as Daniel Retardo 🤣

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Question is, will Lewis be in a Ferrari for the first race in 2024? Boyo's on Collecting Cars podcast today had a good discussion about it all.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Question is, will Lewis be in a Ferrari for the first race in 2024? Boyo's on Collecting Cars podcast today had a good discussion about it all.
Doubt it given Carlos is in the Ferrari this year surely?

Has the podcast improved any? I found Ed quite hard to listen to.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
No he won't.

But who knows the way this season has started already 😅

Lewis to Ferrari, Alonso to Mercedes, Saintz to RB to replace Perez, and Vettel making a comeback at Aston - all for the first race in two weeks 😁😂

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Great interview with the highly impressive James Vowles, Team Principal at Williams F1.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Personally, I think it's the best motoring podcast to date.
I do listen to it every week but that a bit strong. Having said that the competition isn't great, so maybe you are right.
It's a little bit too public school boy sometimes for my liking.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I do listen to it every week but that a bit strong. Having said that the competition isn't great, so maybe you are right.
It's a little bit too public school boy sometimes for my liking.
The Intercooler would be a close second but other than that, I struggle with the rest. Like AutoAlex etc, garbage.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
A number of cars launched already. Some, like Mercedes and Ferrari, seem like relatively radical upgrades. Whereas others, like McLaren, seem like more of an evolution of developments from last year.

They all have one thing in common - they all hope to be quicker, but nobody thinks they will touch RB 😇 Probably a bit of sand bagging there, but they are probably right. Catching up under the dev restrictions will be all but impossible. But hey, miracles can happen.

Main contenders so far. RB launch tomorrow.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
as we all know car displays ect are just for sponsors / livery
but i do love it when the pack gets a chance to close up

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Red bull launch was, ehh, something. Looked like a load of awkward people. DC being his usual RB sycophant employee and Horner talking about how wonderful all the staff are and how it's such an inclusive environment etc etc 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The car is interesting though, they for sure haven't just sat back and relaxed. Big changes around the side and back. Never mind what can't be seen.

We shall see what's what soon enough. But it would be a brave person to bet against them running away with it again...