F1 2024

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Random one, but how boring have safety car restarts becoming, used to always be a great opportunity to pass but seems extremely hard now.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Random one, but how boring have safety car restarts becoming, used to always be a great opportunity to pass but seems extremely hard now.
max is just a master of backing up the traffic then going and turning on the tires again sadly

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Interesting quali result!

Shame that flav is back on the grid too, but Alpine seem to be making all sorts of desperate decisions. Hope that's an avenue for Andretti tbh!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Good race that. Could hear the disappointment in Landos voice

First podium of the season for LH. Mighty move by GR on first corner and as much as I want to say Lewis beat him fair and square it was strategy really that swung it.

KevM

RMS Regular
as much as I want to say Lewis beat him fair and square it was strategy really that swung it.

Yes, Mercedes accidentally gave him the advantage, instead of Georgy-porgy! lol

It was a great race. No one is talking about F1 any more though, so the Silverstone disinterest may be real....

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
They were too busy trying to keep up with the front two with George I think, but was never happening.

Do have to take ur hat off to red bull, they almost always get the race bang on even if they don't potentially have the best car.

Silverstone chat surprises me tbh.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, nobody was ever truly close to Max by any means. Once he was freed up from George he was away by several seconds a lap before selling down and cruising home with a healthy lead. The Red Bull has always "struggled" in quali compared to Ferrari, and now McL. But on race pace they are still way ahead.

Tight behind as usual. But it's for runner up.

All this talk about McL "catching" Red Bull, I just don't see it to be honest. Away from odd ball tracks like Monaco, or random rain, they're still leagues ahead in the race. They just settle for less of a "buffer" instead of pulling a full pit stop before the first tyre change.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Yes, nobody was ever truly close to Max by any means. Once he was freed up from George he was away by several seconds a lap before selling down and cruising home with a healthy lead. The Red Bull has always "struggled" in quali compared to Ferrari, and now McL. But on race pace they are still way ahead.

Tight behind as usual. But it's for runner up.

All this talk about McL "catching" Red Bull, I just don't see it to be honest. Away from odd ball tracks like Monaco, or random rain, they're still leagues ahead in the race. They just settle for less of a "buffer" instead of pulling a full pit stop before the first tyre change.
Are we watching the same races? Max even said in the interview after the race they were far from the fastest today.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
The difference between Max and Lando was not huge yesterday at all. The others do seem to be catching it too. The gap to Max and Lando was way smaller than the gap between Lando and Hamilton.

They actually might need a 2nd driver to get strong points finishes this year and not be a minute down on his team mate...

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
The difference between Max and Lando was not huge yesterday at all. The others do seem to be catching it too. The gap to Max and Lando was way smaller than the gap between Lando and Hamilton.

They actually might need a 2nd driver to get strong points finishes this year and not be a minute down on his team mate...

That's true, Max can win all the races, but if the other teams have two cars scoring good points each race, it will keep the pressure on Redbull for the constructors.