Fiesta Zetec 1.25 racing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

SAMD

RMS Regular
Hi, does anyone know of a 1.25 Fiesta 3 door MK4 (the earliest Zetec 1.25) no sun roof, for sale, cheap, for racing in a new class at Kirkistown?
Thanks.

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
Shouldn't hard to find one of them boss.

Is this a new class at kirky? I'd be v interested in a bit more info if you don't mind lad?? Pm me if u like

Cheers

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Hee hee, must be the update of the class I raced in.

Ours was a MK2 1.1 Popular plus lol, RIP wee car.

Billy Finnigan still in charge?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The memories, my first car was a black 1.25 zetec Mk4 Fiesta. Brilliant wee car and faster than the Mk5 1.25 zetec which followed due to gear ratio changes.

SAMD

RMS Regular
OP
S
If you dont mind I will reply in public, so that everyone can see the answer.
Basically, there are a No. of people who mourn the demise of the Metro class. So the intention is to run a similar class, using the 1.25 Fiesta. A few hundred for a car, stripped to a bare shell and a cage fitted. £500? and then a few hundred for seat and belts, extinguisher, 12V cut out etc. Any Ford Fiesta original wheel that takes the control tyre. (Toyo 888, 185/60/14, 1 set per season) Springs will either be cut down originals or a proprietry race spring. Not sure about shocks yet. The engine is to be original, untouched. Exhaust will be free after the manifold, subject to FIA/Kirkistown constraints. If something goes wrong with the engine, a complete new engine from a scrapped car is fitted. Each entrant must sign a disclaimer that the engine is totally standard and has not been touched/modified in any way. Anyone then found to be cheating will be exposed and will have to leave the class. This is not a foolproof system but it could be changed to, say... a sealed ECU. But in the interests of cost the first system will be tried. That is about it really, there are a few people interested in this, because it is very good close racing and the cars should be very reliable. What we are trying to achieve is a car that can be trailed out of the garage and fluids all checked on the wednesday before a race. Race on the Sat and put the thing back in the garage. It can be done. AFAIK the cars will be run on the back of another race until about 12 No. are entered, then Kirkistown would run a stand alone race, unless they are totally inundated with ROI cars. So there you go. :grinning:

Revogti

RMS Regular
Drives
????
I miss my wee 1.25 zetec - class handling and surprisingly lively for such a wee engine.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
fiesta.jpg

(y)(y)

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
If you dont mind I will reply in public, so that everyone can see the answer.
Basically, there are a No. of people who mourn the demise of the Metro class. So the intention is to run a similar class, using the 1.25 Fiesta. A few hundred for a car, stripped to a bare shell and a cage fitted. £500? and then a few hundred for seat and belts, extinguisher, 12V cut out etc. Any Ford Fiesta original wheel that takes the control tyre. (Toyo 888, 185/60/14, 1 set per season) Springs will either be cut down originals or a proprietry race spring. Not sure about shocks yet. The engine is to be original, untouched. Exhaust will be free after the manifold, subject to FIA/Kirkistown constraints. If something goes wrong with the engine, a complete new engine from a scrapped car is fitted. Each entrant must sign a disclaimer that the engine is totally standard and has not been touched/modified in any way. Anyone then found to be cheating will be exposed and will have to leave the class. This is not a foolproof system but it could be changed to, say... a sealed ECU. But in the interests of cost the first system will be tried. That is about it really, there are a few people interested in this, because it is very good close racing and the cars should be very reliable. What we are trying to achieve is a car that can be trailed out of the garage and fluids all checked on the wednesday before a race. Race on the Sat and put the thing back in the garage. It can be done. AFAIK the cars will be run on the back of another race until about 12 No. are entered, then Kirkistown would run a stand alone race, unless they are totally inundated with ROI cars. So there you go. :grinning:

Sounds epic! The only problem I would have is getting the car to and from the circuit :worried: Always at kirkistown?

So say £1000 to buy and prep the car? Cost of entry? Licences required etc?

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
SAMD this sounds like a great wee class and something I'd be willing to give a bash at. Got a few questions for you if you can answer them? what licence to do this? Fees? Is there a contact number or website for excat specifications on the car?

Thanks

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
just like with the sunday series, mk1 and 2 fiesta prices went through the roof, as did novas with the rallysport association. mk4 fiestas will fetch a premium now when they could be bought for a couple of hundred.

fiestasi

RMS Regular
Best car i've ever owned or driven was my mk4 1.4 si zetec. oh how i miss 45mpg+ with 90bhp lol

......away to hunt gumtree for a 1.25 ;)

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Cheating will still go on , my friend was in the first season of the super Sunday fiesta racing he was 9th in the championship and he couldn't catch the top 8 out on track they were simply pulling away with ease, I will admit he had a webber carb fitted but even still this wasn't enough to catch the rich men at the frot of the pack

At scrutiny they spotted the webber stamp and excluded the car unless we out a standard carb back on so we protested and said pull the other 8 cars in who were clearly tuned out fiestas and they simply said no, they were all friends so the cheating was never gonna get exposed

After we fitted the standard carb the car never run right and ended up back with the demo derby racers at the middle of the pack , the we car got destroyed and after the third major shunt my mate called it a day cause it was to dear

I'd like to think if this goes ahead it is an equal playing ground for everyone

SAMD

RMS Regular
OP
S
I had heard that cheating was rife in the Sunday series. Cheating is hard to totally eradicate, but essentially the fastest cars will be looked at very closely.
A suitably mapped and sealed ECU may be the way to go, but that will cost money and at the minute....

SAMD

RMS Regular
OP
S
SAMD this sounds like a great wee class and something I'd be willing to give a bash at. Got a few questions for you if you can answer them? what licence to do this? Fees? Is there a contact number or website for excat specifications on the car?

Thanks

No website, the Spec is yet to be finalised, so if you have any sensible notions, now is a good time to voice them.

It will happen at Kirkistown which is the only RACMSA approved race circuit in Ireland. Although the Metros ran at Mondello as well, so there mustn't be an issue there. A National 'B' race licence, plus whatever safety gear ie; helmet, overalls, boots and gloves. That type of thing.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Ps I wasn't knocking the idea I think it's a great idea and hope it goes well I'll be down to watch aswell lol however keep an eye on them rich ones haha

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
SAMD- cheers for all the info. One of the main factors why I'd give this a whirl is kirkistown is only up the road from me and doing track days I and a few mates are thinking of progressing to a bit of racing.

I'll take a look into the licence (national b sounds v gran turismoish) and start the sums.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
That's a Zetec S Steve, and you know it!

Nope it's not neither is this one

Image064Small.jpg

However it is a 1.4 not a 1.25. The Fiesta challenge cars are all 1.4 and run Zetec-s bodywork. The white one is not even a mk5 it's a mk4

longchamps

RMS Regular
Drives
mx5 rs
No website, the Spec is yet to be finalised, so if you have any sensible notions, now is a good time to voice them.

It will happen at Kirkistown which is the only RACMSA approved race circuit in Ireland. Although the Metros ran at Mondello as well, so there mustn't be an issue there. A National 'B' race licence, plus whatever safety gear ie; helmet, overalls, boots and gloves. That type of thing.
first thing to do is forget about using fiesta zetecs they would be hard enough to find.i would use vtr saxos they are quicker cheap and plenty out there(y)

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
first thing to do is forget about using fiesta zetecs they would be hard enough to find.i would use vtr saxos they are quicker cheap and plenty out there(y)

Huh there are me 1.25 Fiesta's than vtr's

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.