First bike - SV650s

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

warren

RMS Photographer
Haynes manual for these is superb, if you intend to work on it yourself. Most mechanical things you discover as you go along but its great if you have any electrical problems :grinning:

warren

RMS Photographer
Trouble shifting gears, which indeed he is correct. And often on the SV too much oil can cause these sorts of issues, but when I had just got the bike I found all sorts of half gears and clunking sounds but they all seemed to stop happening after a while. Same when I got the R6, you get used to how the machine works.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
Trouble shifting gears, which indeed he is correct. And often on the SV too much oil can cause these sorts of issues, but when I had just got the bike I found all sorts of half gears and clunking sounds but they all seemed to stop happening after a while. Same when I got the R6, you get used to how the machine works.
what he said..they can be touchy about there oil. it has to work hard doing engine/gearbox duties all in one.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.