Focus RS

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
OP
collyirwin11
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
All aboard for another exciting update….🤥
A few jobs I would like to tackle underneath, but its balancing the time to do these jobs and also enjoying it when I can.

Finally got round to tackling a job underneath that I’ve wanted to take on for years. The reality is this is a short-term fix, and the long term aim would be to have it booked into the likes of Lough Neagh Auto Centre or Demon Performance, and have the underside recommissioned.

Over the Christmas period I took advantage to get the underside of the car cleaned, painted and treated. I started with a quick clean and wipe down, wire brush on any rust, and then paint and treat anything that looked scabby.
Naturally, the more time I spent lying underneath it, the more I noticed, such as rear drop links (boots had perished), insides of the wheels, calipers repainted, brake bells painted, tyres etc.
Anyway, once all was treated, I coated it in lanoguard which I had bought last March. Must say, for ease of application and initial results, I am pleased. Again, the intention is a short term fix.

Before:
IMG_7576.jpeg

After:
IMG_7674.jpeg

I also took the rear spoiler off, to fix a rattle that they all develop, strange seeing it without one, even the dog was giving me a dirty look
IMG_7612.jpeg

9CF102C4-E7DD-4E78-9754-4C937C618DA4.jpeg

Then as mentioned, the backs of the wheels had become a mess, which was disappointing as the face was perfect. The worst offender:
IMG_7600.jpeg

Back and all done with new RS badges
IMG_7673.jpeg

2 new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S fitted whilst getting all 4 refurbed.
Finally back on the ground and ready for MOT.

IMG_7676.jpeg

Passed MOT without any issues.

I also bought some isofix points which I need to fit, so I can take my mini-me out with me.

In other news, the daily has been upgraded to a 2010 S4 Black edition, bought in July, and I love it.
IMG_6593.jpeg

IMG_6607.jpeg

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Not many of them about now. Would love a manual estate

Should have it out in the snow lol