Freelander 2 winter hack

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Yeah that is odd, any leaves blocking the intake (hard to see that happening tbh). Douse the connectors with contact cleaner for the craic too maybe.

No not blocked, I’ll have another hoke. I just watched a YouTube vid of someone with the same codes and he says it’s throttle body :worried: , I’ll do the simple stuff 1st, not easy in this weather by the time she gets it home lol New pierburg part is £125 so if it’s that it could be worse I suppose

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Pull the beetle out and get her in the shed sure.. :p
Crap working at cars in the winter, especially outside. (n)

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Well the throttle body has cured it so could’ve been worse, mot check flagged up all four trailing arm bushes, front left lower arm bushes and ball joint, all sorted and here we are again for the second time this year for an alignment lol
24857517-8E7D-41D8-927D-13077528217E.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Over a year with the Freelander and it’s been mostly great, 163k on it now and after a bit of a suspension refresh it’s driving really well.
My brother bought me a 22” light-bar for Christmas so stuck it on today via an in-line fuse and relay beside the headlamp. Got some 3D printed brackets from a Freelander YouTuber that fit nicely and leave no damage if they come off.

Flash me now you *******s :joy:

C7E6F510-878D-4A6F-833B-F80F86D18477.jpeg

52CA07A1-F93B-43AB-B5C6-47302807CEED.jpeg

48F4A838-92B2-4715-AC7A-DF3D6441D1AB.jpeg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Bloody hell, that's crazy bright! That thing is giving you good enough service for all it cost you, class. Mine was away last weekend getting a paint correction detail and is looking great again.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Always wondered but what are the 4 chambers coming out perpendicular to the intake pipe?

1661175098843.png

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Tbf I think you got good money for that in no time at all, always a market for a Land Rover it seems (y)

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Tbf I think you got good money for that in no time at all, always a market for a Land Rover it seems (y)

Well I took a bid. which was my bottom on it, but the guy is very happy, said he’d been looking for weeks and the others were rotten dogs, couldn’t believe mine was so clean!
I don’t think they’re beatable at that money, sensible prices to fix, capable off road and still a comfortable place to be

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Well I took a bid. which was my bottom on it, but the guy is very happy, said he’d been looking for weeks and the others were rotten dogs, couldn’t believe mine was so clean!
should of bid ya a bora cash my way now ur a vag man fs

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I’ll more than likely regret not taking that off your hands, coming from you I expect it was well maintained and treated.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I don’t think they’re beatable at that money, sensible prices to fix, capable off road and still a comfortable place to be

My parents love theirs, they are on their second.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I got some melters when I was selling mine. I’d definitely be tempted by another if I could find an HSE facelift for a decent money but seems unlikely

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I got some melters when I was selling mine. I’d definitely be tempted by another if I could find an HSE facelift for a decent money but seems unlikely

I had no interest off used cars ni, 5 or 6 asked on gumtree if it was still available and then went quiet, 1st guy to ask for my number bought it, sold in 4 days so pretty good really :grinning: Oh and one local farmer who wanted it for £2k for a farm to farm vehicle lolol

Last edited: