Full Respray In Plastidip

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Matt white ... do it! (y)
I'm intrigued by this plastidip stuff, must try it sometime

My mate with the VX brought it to my attention and i thought he was getting excited over nothing.. but im really tempted!

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Have you a decent compressor/spray system to apply it with mate?

Yes made 300L Compressor, regulator, vapour trap and Devilbiss professional gravity feed gun (y)

corsacj

RMS Regular
Yes made 300L Compressor, regulator, vapour trap and Devilbiss professional gravity feed gun (y)
Very sorted then lad, make sure if you go for it to get loads of pics of the process up, dont see plastidip used much over here!

What site are you pricing from?

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Very sorted then lad, make sure if you go for it to get loads of pics of the process up, dont see plastidip used much over here!

What site are you pricing from?

Certainly will! im tempted by one of their electric spray guns tho lol! looks like more fun haha

corsacj

RMS Regular
Yeah they look a cool we job definitely, a decent airless setup is costly enough though! Would be cool if you could use one of the cheapo fence spray kinda jobs for it, id love for my mate to come out of school to his car painted black lol

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Yeah they look a cool we job definitely, a decent airless setup is costly enough though! Would be cool if you could use one of the cheapo fence spray kinda jobs for it, id love for my mate to come out of school to his car painted black lol

Thats all it looks like doesnt it, an ronseal spray gun! when i have this kit already i should use it!

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Try it on the Porsche first and see what it's like :p Matt black was so 2010 though :confounded:

A deep grey colour won't look like primer. Mix a wee touch of his glossifier into it and you'll get more of a satin finish. Satin grey with orange or blue viper stripes and wheels ;)

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
A variation of this

Caterham_r500_2010_1.jpg

index.php

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Try it on the Porsche first and see what it's like :p Matt black was so 2010 though :confounded:

A deep grey colour won't look like primer. Mix a wee touch of his glossifier into it and you'll get more of a satin finish. Satin grey with orange or blue viper stripes and wheels ;)

ughh no.. i would never want it to look like a caterham!!!! lol

I want it to look really rough and slaggy... that grey is too much like something you polish/ even wash..!! I agree tho.. orange wheels for the win! matt black with orange wheels it is :p

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Thread revival on the ol' plasti-dip!

Came across this thread while thinking of changing mirrors and alloys to matt / gloss black but having it easily reversible should it look pants. Anyone got a local place to get this from and the glossifier, or should I head to plastidip.co.uk?

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
I did my grill and boot strip with this the other day, class stuff, goes on well and looks good with enough coats.

Best place to find it was plastidip themselves, tho I didnt get the glossifier stuff, just a few rattle cans.

They have brough out "Camo" colours in the US, olive drab and the likes. I'm hoping they bring it out here...always wanted an Olive Drab car lol.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Any photos?

Will get some close ups done later. I went a bit over board and used 5-6 coats, incase of stone chips, etc. Took around hour and a half to do it. Peeled it off the Griffon by just rubbing the edge, then it just peeled off in one go.

Before/after
8f15b93c.jpg

42ef24ba.jpg

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Hmm.. well im not really sure thats right because its a temporary finish right? because you can peel it off. So for that reason would i really need to tell them?
My passat was blue on the tax book, went through no bother in primer grey

bert3005

RMS Regular
Drives
Fk2 type r
sorry bring up old thread. Any updates on the two cars you were going to spray?

thinking of doing my roof and couple other bits.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
sorry bring up old thread. Any updates on the two cars you were going to spray?

thinking of doing my roof and couple other bits.

I have a friend now doing this full time using a new technology based on plastidip but much easier removed and kinder to the paint.

He is a painter for agnews as a day job, I've heard him mention £5-600 for a full respray in plastidip. If you would like his details drop me a pm.

C16NNR

RMS Regular
Where can i buy one of the Plasti Dip spray cans? just to do a grill. Cant be bothered online as i want it this weekend.??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.