Full Respray, recommendations?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Looking to have the MX5 repainted, will be a colour change. Likely going metallic.

Had a bit of welding done maybe 6 months ago to nip a bit of rust in the bud at the bottom of the quarters, and it's sat in the garage since awaiting a respray.

Would be wanting door shuts/boot shut done, but don't care about engine bay or inside the boot etc. Been waiting on a guy coming to quote it for quite a while now and I'm starting to get fed up of waiting on him, so open to any recommendations on here. Did have one quote a few months ago but the price was very high for all the size of the car. No hardtop to paint either, and I'm happy to have the windscreen removed.

If the job is good, I've a DC2 bare shell awaiting a respray too.

Anyone you can recommend around Belfast/ARDS peninsula area? Can travel for the right job, but currently the car is off the road, so anyone quoting would have to see the car where it sits now in Dundonald.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
As mentioned above KRCR seem to be the ones to go to around that area. Out of interest @ace275 what sort of quotes have you been getting as I would be interested myself down the line.

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
As mentioned above KRCR seem to be the ones to go to around that area. Out of interest @ace275 what sort of quotes have you been getting as I would be interested myself down the line.

So far, £2,000 for homers. If it was something special I'd be happy enough, but it's hard justifying it on an mx5. Willing to up my budget a bit for a proper garage/booth

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
So far, £2,000. If it was something special I'd be happy enough, but it's hard justifying it on an mx5

I plan on getting the corsa done at some stage and its also a small car and would be staying the original colour most likely so im interested to see what prices people get. I may be wrong but I had thought 3-4k was average now for a modern sized family car, prob allowing soom wiggle room for repairs etc. I think there's cheaper jobs and then really good jobs and the price can vary a fair bit

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I plan on getting the corsa done at some stage and its also a small car and would be staying the original colour most likely so im interested to see what prices people get. I may be wrong but I had thought 3-4k was average now for a modern sized family car, prob allowing soom wiggle room for repairs etc. I think there's cheaper jobs and then really good jobs and the price can vary a fair bit

Sorry, edited my post. Quotes of £2,000 so far for homers, but I'm willing to go a bit higher for a proper garage to do it in a booth. I can remove the panels, roof and take the windscreen out before hand of needed

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
KRCR in Donaghadee.
Have gave them a call, they're going to work a price out for me. Will be a bit higher as they want to go back to bare metal, which is fair enough since it's not factory paint as it sits now

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Thanks, got onto KRCR earlier, awaiting a rough price being put together. Had a look at their Facebook too and liked their work

Thanks all

Gus

RMS Regular
Id consider Ag automotive in Portstewart if you're willing to travel. Think a few on here have had work done by Alan as well

colin84

RMS Regular
Kenny Wylie in Magherafelt does good work at reasonable prices, and would do full resprays. Decent bloke to.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
KRCR ..Terry is a perfectionist being a diehard car enthusiast himself and Ive had work done by them in the past too - flawless. Perhaps there's cheaper out there but I'd sleep at night knowing my money will be well spent with them.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have always used KRCR myself. Not the cheapest but a good job.

ace275

RMS Regular
OP
ace275
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Quote came back and realistically it's more than the car is worth, just can't justify it.

Sprayed it myself years back and the finish was good enough for me, so might just go down that route again. It's a car for driving anyway, not for show's.

Thanks all

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Quote came back and realistically it's more than the car is worth, just can't justify it.

Sprayed it myself years back and the finish was good enough for me, so might just go down that route again. It's a car for driving anyway, not for show's.

Thanks all

Or just use one of the less quality shops. I imagine he was no less than 2500, same as any good shop
But you will be able to get a reasonable job for a grand less

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.