Gearbox Rebuilding

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Nova Bibby said:
i think you might of got your figures wrong, due to the fact there are 2 of us, and 5574 members, that would equate to us actually being of a lesser number than you thought, actually 0.0358809 % of the forum to be precise

touche!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Chance of finding a Rallye in a breakers is slim to none!

was 1500 made, and 938 still regestered in the world...

S_Gault

RMS Regular
simon.. not only is your syncro gone but the syncro hub is fecked, it'll need replaced as youve taken the edges off them, and thats why it keeps popping out

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
theres a fella in ballyclaire rebuilds boxs hes very good a mate of mine got his vti box rebuild , it cost him 85 quid plus the price of parts, ill try and remember his name

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Rebuilding a 6speed RS4 box in work at the moment. Its straight forward enough, ill maybe grab a few phone pics tomorrow.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Was thinking about this a bit - if your getting the gearbag fixed / engine out and rebuilt / car sprayed etc - i'd be inclined to get the coilovers put in and enjoy the car for a while before you sell it Mr Skiman because it'll be like driving a different car ;)

skiman_1

Banned
OP
skiman_1
Drives
Focus RS
Speaking of engine coming out, mr gault i shall phone you later this week to discuss leaving the car up with you. Gearbox is on its way, got one off ebay that has done only 100miles since being rebuilt as he changed to an uprated box. The spraying thing has been put off until i see what this guy buffs the car like, speaking of which, terry could you pm me his number if you have it?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Just paid 250 for a rebuild of a vw polo box. A Guy in Ballynure/Straid called Harry Smith supposed to be pretty good at his work and the gearbox came back top notch.

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
skiman said:
£250 sounds about right Eager.

With the box removed from the car, I'd had said closer to £140 to be done properly. Thats with the customer supplying the correct steel caged bearings to ensure the box is using the best of components.

skiman_1

Banned
OP
skiman_1
Drives
Focus RS
It all depends on the car and if your upgrading to be able to take more power etc...its another one of those how long is a piece of string things i think...

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Eager said:
Just paid 250 for a rebuild of a vw polo box. A Guy in Ballynure/Straid called Harry Smith supposed to be pretty good at his work and the gearbox came back top notch.

Harry does a good job. Made a good job of the LT88 (I think) in my Dad's old Land-Rover that someone totally trashed.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Harry isnt bad, but Paul ( his son ) tends to do a better job. He takes a little more care making sure it wont leak oil.

Price depends entirely on what is needed. They guy that said £85 clearly said £85 + Parts. So who knows what the total cost was.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.