Gen 2 Megabusa

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Well with just a week to go until I go over to collect my kit, I thought I would update the thread a little. I have since sourced a complete bike and spent today breaking it. A big decision is now ticked off the list - I have gone 929cc which means fuel injection rather than carbs. The primary reason for this was a little extra power over the 893/918cc engines, the downside is they are harder to find replacements when they blow up and are a bit more complicated if something goes wrong. But, having spoken with a few people I am happy to go with the 929, and I now have the engine, HISS and loom sitting ready for the car when it arrives. Didn't expect to have it so quickly, but the bike came up at the right money and would have been silly to pass on it. And the added bonus is seeing the bike running and having a good idea already of what everything on the loom is for :grinning:

When she arrived - almost seems a sin to be breaking her for parts! But eBay beckons...

1b08ce8e.jpg

c88c15f1.jpg

15108922.jpg

A wee clue as to the bike's previous life... not from our shores...

511d58c0.jpg

While dismantling I found this plug to the regulator rectifier - probably only a matter of time before the bike would have gone on fire!!

56cbb952.jpg

Starting to get a bit more ignorant

18f5d961.jpg

0f6bfe4e.jpg

My idea of paddock stands

9d80b0ac.jpg

This little label printer should prove invaluable when it comes to making sense of the loom!

7202969d.jpg

The end result:

fae9fa4f.jpg

25ce47c2.jpg

The "eBay List" - might take a while!!

messy_garage.jpg

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
good work, nice workshop also, at the house?

That's my mums garage at their house, my workshop is a work in progress at the moment, won't be open for business for another few weeks!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Good man! Glad Jonny parted with it, it's perfect for your project, if I hadn't just got the 540i it would be sitting in my garage like that! Glad you got it all stripped tho and now a few dollars back in the bank!

Looking forward to our trip to collect the kit next week :laughing:

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Seeing that nice Blade being broken up makes me :worried:

All the best with the build though!

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Well today was the big day - kit collected!! Last night I left L'derry at 9pm with KeithRobinson and B-Lorenzo for a marathon journey to the Westfield factory outside Birmingham, arrived at the factory for 8am. We got a good tour of the factory and saw how they jig the chassis and all the different configurations of the basic Westfield along with some more unusual cars including an XTR2 racing car and their new concept electric car with the equivalent of 300hp! I was struck by how compact an outfit they are - not much more than 20 employees and a fairly modest factory, but what struck me most was how down to earth and easy to deal with they were. Anyway, after a couple of hours we had the van packed up (long wheel base T350 transit) and hit the road again. We called an hour south to a small fibreglass factory to collect some wheel arches for the B-Lorenzo Triumph TR8 project and then headed for Cairnryan. All in all a marathon trip, 24 hours on the go, but well worth it. My mum is going to hit the roof when she sees her garage tomorrow :cool:

24a9cffd.jpg

d826749b.jpg

9e59ba20.jpg

6bce72e1.jpg

8de82ed3.jpg

577cc98a.jpg

2a1f9ae1.jpg

ee372af9.jpg

cc7ca587.jpg

2d8e301b.jpg

993c842d.jpg

e18d7100.jpg

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Awesome, Rob. You'll remember that road trip in your twilight years I reckon!

Good luck with the build, looking forward to reading your updates on progress. :grinning:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Can't wait to get stuck into the project now with you rob!

Great trip.. Time for bed now, awake 40hrs other than a few hrs sleep in the front of the van!

Reactions: Rob

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Great trip, was absolutely shattered to the point of slurring my words LOL

Looking forward to seeing the progress now!! :grinning:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Wrong engine ;)

The car is being built for a Racing Series class.. (Roadsports)

That car may be a fast road car but if it was
fired into the class it would fit into over here i doubt it would even be competitive.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Wasn't a dig or anything, was just sharing a video of a mad, mad car.

This is going to be a cracking build. Subscribed already!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Wasn't a dig or anything, was just sharing a video of a mad, mad car.

This is going to be a cracking build. Subscribed already!

I know and i was just telling you that they have the wrong engine :p Turbo westie imo = Fail.

Rob

RMS Regular
OP
Rob
Drives
Amarok V6
Yes bike came from Lisburn, Dunmurray to be precise. I love that video but I would prefer n/a myself - S2000 would be my choice if I was going car engined. The Blade may not be all that fast but it is quick enough and at least the racing gives me a reason to have the car out regardless of the weather :grinning:

richie_mck

RMS Regular
This is awesome, I've literally spent the last 4 days continually looking at Iain's for sale ad and thinking should I? Westies are immense

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
This is awesome, I've literally spent the last 4 days continually looking at Iain's for sale ad and thinking should I? Westies are immense

Ohhh come talk to me! It's really is great fun!

Robs garage is now complete and has just been painted so he is finally ready to start on the kit soon as far as I'm aware! Full steam ahead then in sure!