Golf Queries

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

brendy

RMS Regular
Not really brendy. As you say we all have are own personal choices when it comes to cars.

I wouldn't be one to stick a Porsche Turbo badge onto a 16v but i wouldn't turn down any Porsche breaks are the likes.

I just shot myself in the foot there with that comment about you owning standard cars opps.

Any how its an acquired taste.

Hows the Vrs going?
Going great guns, nearly 2k on her and loving cross country runs to work. Even out of the factory it wasnt std, the 18"s, hids, cruise etc were options!
Callipers are really a different subject as they are less obvious. Im just not keen on anything that carries another marques tag (unless like vag it has the vw/audi/seat/skoda stamp under the bonnet). It seems to happen prodominently with vw's. The likes of Toyota/lexus etc doesnt seem as popular.

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Yeah wonder who can retrim them, maybe in leather?

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Also wondering about changing the colour of the roof lining?

is it possible to spray it? or does it HAVE to be retrimmed ?

dubsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Also, want the roof lining of the car and dark grey or black. Any ideas how to do this? Would spraying it be sufficient?

Would also like to know who is good at this, althou would want it done properly as spraying would be a bit ropey, lol

Alcantara finish on mk4 above is nice touch

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Yeah was thinking that, dont have a clue. Fancied trying a spray job myself tomorrow, but only if it will look good

dubsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
The word 'OVERSPRAY' comes to mind - inside of the car will be covered by the time ur finished - nice drug dealer blacked out windows included :relieved: , lol

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Hmmmm thats true, myself and chunkerz tried to do the roof of our previous cars, but turned out to bubbbley.....Worth a try tho i suspose again.

dubsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
Wel if your thinking of changing it anyway then wats the worst that can happen, lol

Take a few pics and post them up if you go for it

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Hmmm yeah, going to call into a few places tomorrow first tho, like the spinning wheel and other fabric shops and see what they reckon or suggest !

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
No. Its the 3 spoke one from a 996 Turbo. Its from the individual collection and has three aluminium sections. Only changed it for a plain black one. It immaculate

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Hmmm any pictures by chance? did u have it in the rs?

focus_rs_jonny

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
No its from my dads car. Ive no pictures and im embarassed to say ive no idea how to download photos. Its in my room at the moment. Ill try and get my sister or chris mac to get you a pic asap. you prob need to check fitments just

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I wouldn't be touching the headcloth in case you make a hash of it, whats wrong with the way it is at the min?

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
ill get a pic up for you asap jonny

@Baxter - if you take the headlining out of the car and spray it with an aerosol
itll be sweet

iv done it on a load of sub boxes and its been grand (y)

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
you talk balls we done the 206 on mine was sweet only bad point was rushed for time and didnt measure it out right but it wasnt a bad job ya c**t :p

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
I wouldn't be touching the headcloth in case you make a hash of it, whats wrong with the way it is at the min?
well the roofs abit grim, and also after being in therocks gti, and seeing the headcloth, im jealous and reckon it will look good.

@ Chrismac - Yeah i thought it would be ok, may just tape of the window area etc

@Chunk - Shush, it was terrible, and you couldnt have done it without my help haha :party:

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
balls it was rushed and sweet the edges where abit touch and go , i say go for it just take your time lol

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Think ill spray it first and see how it goes. Fancy coming up and having a looksee

Resintooth

RMS Regular
Drives
AP1 S2000
am i reading this right Baxter? you are going to try and spray the roof when it's still inside the car lol :sob:

DISASTER written all over it pal:oops:

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Well that was before i thought about it lol

I think it will be a @&%^@%@^% to get it out and then secure it back in again.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
Anniversary Gti's come with black headcloth, ring the breakers and see about gettin one or bite the bullet and ring VW lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.