Greenlight Insurance Thread

-Pete-

RMS Regular
just wanted to keep everyone in the loop and update as per my situation above.

After Tony had got involved , there was some phone calls back and forth and I took my renewal through greenlight again after they gave me a very competitive offer, and as said before the previous service was always good.

So even after the accident was taken into account and the windscreen replacement, it came in nearly £60 cheaper than last year without both.

obviously once the claim/incident is sorted, it could rise next year so we will cross that bridge when it comes.

Thanks to Tony for getting involved though, outstanding effort made.

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
@Tony@Greenlight

Whatever your job title is, I hope you're looked after because you do an exceptional job at giving detailed answers and resolving queries.

Thanks again for clarifying. I'll be in touch soon as there is a new thing coming :grinning:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
BMW wise, we've largely covered 135i, 330, 335 and M3 models. But despite aiming for proven performance rear wheel drive experience or ownership we have consistently made losses with these models.

How about an 840CI? I've owned a 320D and a 330CI in the past and have just come from a Subaru STI.

J55NI

RMS Regular
@Tony@Greenlight

Have been trying to get a renewal price for the past few days with no joy , My insurance is up on the 25th of this month , can you help me here?
Looks like I may be moving to another insurer because I need it sorted soon before I head away . Any other company has been able to offer them a month In advance .

brendy

RMS Regular
@Tony@Greenlight

Have been trying to get a renewal price for the past few days with no joy , My insurance is up on the 25th of this month , can you help me here?
Looks like I may be moving to another insurer because I need it sorted soon before I head away . Any other company has been able to offer them a month In advance .
have you checked your junk filter on your email? I know they can get caught there.

J55NI

RMS Regular
have you checked your junk filter on your email? I know they can get caught there.

yea buddy been checking it , the guy said the other day on the phone it would be with me that day , but I have rang up twice only to be told just wait and see when it comes through , Seems a bit odd they aren't trying to keep custom by giving me a renewal quote its up in less than 3 weeks like .

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Hi Keith,

Thanks for posting.

We've been covering Boxster and Cayenne models for years, but we don't tend to see that many applications for the Porsche 911 models (likely to be as we currently have no Porsche affiliations). Which means that whilst we have strong connections with Underwriters for bespoke referrals, we don't have any preferential rating in place for Porsche 911 models.

I've managed to trace your application and whilst it will require bespoke referral to our available Underwriters, which with you owning your 911 for 2 years we should have some success and I will be able to arrange the referral for you when we return after the bank holiday.

In the meantime, have a great weekend.

Kind regards

Tony

I haven't had any correspondence @Tony@Greenlight - I was wondering if you could let me know if you were able to get a solid referral?

Thanks

Keith

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Jonny,

Thanks for posting.

This does vary between our Insurers, but renewals are usually received between 21-30 days in advance.

We then run internal market comparisons to ensure your current Insurer is still offering the best value to you prior to despatching a renewal offer to you, which is worth doing but can delay the issue of renewal documents by 24-48 hours depending upon whether manual referral to Underwriters is required as part of the process.

Having just checked with our renewals team I can confirm we're currently processing the 9th June for renewal invitations, so you should have received this by now.

If you have 5 minutes spare to call we would be able to confirm this by phone and would be able to re-issue renewal documents to you, or alternatively if you can PM me (including your actual name, postcode and email address) i'll be able to check this for you personally.

Kind regards

Tony

@Tony@Greenlight

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Don't worry Jonny,

Our Underwriters aren't shy when it comes to asking for their premiums.

As mentioned above, if you call we'll be able to confirm the detail over the telephone or alternatively I'll happily look into this for you via PM (y)

Kind regards

Tony

yea buddy been checking it , the guy said the other day on the phone it would be with me that day , but I have rang up twice only to be told just wait and see when it comes through , Seems a bit odd they aren't trying to keep custom by giving me a renewal quote its up in less than 3 weeks like .

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Thanks Brendy,

This does happen from time to time, largely due to our emails also having PDF attachments with relevant detail.

It's usually hotmail and yahoo that cause this, but once you add us to your safe list with those providers it's usually ok.

Kind regards

Tony

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Artioir,

Unfortunately we'll not be able to help with this.

We'd happily cover the STI, but we've had a particularly bad time covering BMW models and we're not currently looking to expand our exposure to BMW.

Kind regards

Tony

How about an 840CI? I've owned a 320D and a 330CI in the past and have just come from a Subaru STI.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
No worries Pete,

You're a good customer, who's clearly into his vehicles.

I'd spoken with you before, albeit a while ago and you've always been a pleasure to deal with - so I was glad to be able to help get things back on track for you.

If you (or anyone else) is experiencing difficulties, don't sit frustrated, it never helps. Call, email or PM - we're straightforward to deal with.

Kind regards

Tony

just wanted to keep everyone in the loop and update as per my situation above.

After Tony had got involved , there was some phone calls back and forth and I took my renewal through greenlight again after they gave me a very competitive offer, and as said before the previous service was always good.

So even after the accident was taken into account and the windscreen replacement, it came in nearly £60 cheaper than last year without both.

obviously once the claim/incident is sorted, it could rise next year so we will cross that bridge when it comes.

Thanks to Tony for getting involved though, outstanding effort made.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Thanks Artoir,

Sorry it's not in a more positive way, but we'd have to quote embarrassingly high premiums for BMW models to be viable. Which would be a waste of everyone's time, thus the current stance.

Kind regards

Tony

No worries, thanks for getting back anyway.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Jonny,

Glad you managed to get it sorted out for another year.

Thanks once again for your custom, it's gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards

Tony

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
You're welcome Keith.

We shared some industry insight via PM, which you'll have had some sympathy with.

Glad we managed to help in the end.

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. Let me know when you private registration number come through and i'll have our admin team update this for you (y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Need to give you guys a shout. Got my renewal at £100 more than last year at £495 but got a go compare quote from Admiral with more mileage (business + personal) same mods and terms for £285. In Spain now but will try to ring on Monday

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Thanks for your custom (and for your kind comments) Cro,

Glad to have you back with us :heart:

Kind regards

Tony

Spent more time on the phone trying to cancel my renewal with flux than I did coming back to Greenlight! Even though flux were able to beat the quote by £30, things just run smoother with Tony and the guys. Another top job (y) glad to be back

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Deezer-D,

Thanks for posting.

We're always happy to take a look at this for you, but if it's high-ish mileage and business use it's unlikely we'll be in the £200's.

We tend to be better for lower mileage, extensively modified or 2nd vehicles that are performance models.

Kind regards

Tony

Need to give you guys a shout. Got my renewal at £100 more than last year at £495 but got a go compare quote from Admiral with more mileage (business + personal) same mods and terms for £285. In Spain now but will try to ring on Monday