Greenlight Insurance Thread

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
No problem Mckeown,

Our new business team would ask you the right questions to find the right type of policy for you from our range, but if you mention you've spoken with me on RMS and you're looking for a limited mileage policy that can mirror your NCB from your everyday car this will help shortcut the process for them.

With the limited mileage policies, you can always top the miles up under the limited mileage policies along the way (before you use the miles you've purchased) if your circumstances change or you feel you need to.

If you prefer, I can brief one of our new business team and get them to call you to run through an application and hopefully source a competitive, relevant for you?

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. Thanks again for thinking of us (y)

thanks for getting back to me, is there a specific product that id ask for over the phone or do i just ask for a reduced mileage, mirrored no claims policy?

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
Been meaning to ring for a while and rang today and the guy asked what sort of quotes I had got, when I said 680£ he said yes well at your age (22) we won't be able to beat that.... didn't even get a quote lol.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Been meaning to ring for a while and rang today and the guy asked what sort of quotes I had got, when I said 680£ he said yes well at your age (22) we won't be able to beat that.... didn't even get a quote lol.
Depending what your driving he is probably right

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Likes of Greenlight are particular about who they take on with what type of car, guess that's how they stay competitive by managing risk as best they can.

Who was it you were talking to outta interest?

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
Likes of Greenlight are particular about who they take on with what type of car, guess that's how they stay competitive by managing risk as best they can.

Who was it you were talking to outta interest?

Dave I think he said his name was, though not 100%.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
5 years, 3 years NCB. That's on an integra type R 585£ was the best quote paid up front with zenith insurance.
That's a good quote.

I'm £500 on a mg zs 2.5 v6, limit mileage and 3rd party. Full comp was £700ish.

Been driving for 7 years, tho only 2 no claims km this policy and a claim that went 50/50.

Saying that I couldn't get anywhere else close to that price even without the claim mentioned.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi MarcVtec,

Thanks for taking the time to post (and for trying us).

Sorry we couldn't compete on this occasion for your specific circumstances, as we offer a decent service with relevant cover. But I totally understand the economics and if you're getting £585 for open mileage, comprehensive cover Insurance from a comparison site at 22 years old (and you're not planning to modify your vehicle) this does sound like a great deal.

Was it for a DC5? or a DC2?

Kind regards

Tony

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
Dc2 mate. That's TPFT though. Was suprised at it myself had to double check a few times. My own company quoted me at 700£ for renewal so I'm happy enough anyway. Think it was closer to 7 with zenith paying monthly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 108

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Dc2 mate. That's TPFT though. Was suprised at it myself had to double check a few times. My own company quoted me at 700£ for renewal so I'm happy enough anyway. Think it was closer to 7 with zenith paying monthly.
The direct debit charge with most of the company's through go-compare is absolutely ridiculous.

I had quotes coming in at 7
£700-800 then the direct debit charge puts it over £1000

MarcVtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Integra Ty
The direct debit charge with most of the company's through go-compare is absolutely ridiculous.

I had quotes coming in at 7
£700-800 then the direct debit charge puts it over £1000

Would Never buy it through there mate. I was with zenith a few years back so I'll give em a ring, only used there for a guideline really.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Would Never buy it through there mate. I was with zenith a few years back so I'll give em a ring, only used there for a guideline really.
Same, get easy hopefully cheaper quotes and then ring the current insure and get the price dropped haha.

Tho the claim to my name has screwed me over, if I declare it online I don't get any quotes.

Ps I have everything declared Tony, no need to check ;) haha

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Thanks for the update Marc,

I'd assumed it to be comprehensive cover, which made what was already looked a very competitive rate seem extremely low.

As a rule of thumb, opting for TPFT cover with our Underwriters takes around 25% off the comprehensive cover premium they quote. Which makes the premium that you had been quoted still seem competitive, but more realistic.

Kind regards

Tony

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
OP
Tony@Greenlight
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Weeloaney,

The Insurance company charging £300 via Go Compare does seem pretty extreme costs to spread a £700 premium over the year.

By way of comparison, Greenlight use a company called Premium Credit (one of the market leaders for Insurance premium finance), if you spread £700 over instalments with us (and assuming you paid the lowest deposit) this would make the total premium £781.20 including the interest applied by Premium Credit.

If you're looking to use premium finance to spread your Insurance premium over the year, as you have done with Go Compare, you have to double check the total cost including interest.

Hope all's well with you.

Kind regards

Tony

I had quotes coming in at £700-800 then the direct debit charge puts it over £1000

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Hi Weeloaney,

The Insurance company charging £300 via Go Compare does seem pretty extreme costs to spread a £700 premium over the year.

By way of comparison, Greenlight use a company called Premium Credit (one of the market leaders for Insurance premium finance), if you spread £700 over instalments with us (and assuming you paid the lowest deposit) this would make the total premium £781.20 including the interest applied by Premium Credit.

If you're looking to use premium finance to spread your Insurance premium over the year, as you have done with Go Compare, you have to double check the total cost including interest.

Hope all's well with you.

Kind regards

Tony
That's what thought.

Alls well, and no complaints.

Last time I was on the phone to take out a policy a couple months ago, the fella hardly got to finish the quote price before I said I'll take it haha.

And the call only last 10/15mins as yous had all my details still on file for when I ended a policy in November. Very quick a easy, even the fella laughed saying it was the simplest deal in a while.
Hahaa... brilliant!

Keep up the good work weeloaney, but if you can't be good all the time remember to be funny ;)

Happy friday to you!

Kind regards

Tony

I'm good and funny, all the time.

Last edited:

PhilM

RMS Regular
i just tried greenlight and they couldnt beat adrian flux.

BUT would you drop the price by this 25% if it was only TPFT ?

to be fair nobody is going to fix a 20year import anyways so that will always be on my own head anyways!

Phil

PhilM

RMS Regular
will you lose drive other cars?

i have that on other policies so not an issue,

but they wont do it anyways - phoned back and they refused to revise the value of the car to allow it under the TPFT threshold.

Sigh.

should never have put my ideal price on the car value Lol

shot myself in the foot there. back to flux we go :worried:

Phil

TimmyTSR

RMS Regular
Drives
DC5 Integra
Been Insured with Greenlight for two years and just took out a 3rd year there last week. Friendly service, quick to answer the phone and great quote for my DC5 (y)

PhilM

RMS Regular
Been Insured with Greenlight for two years and just took out a 3rd year there last week. Friendly service, quick to answer the phone and great quote for my DC5 (y)

to be fair they were spot on for me, simply the fact they wouldnt/couldnt revise my vehicle price has left me in limbo :worried:

but sure still a few days to price around.

Phil