Greers of Antrim Volvo Closed Down

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Its not related to what was the old Greers of Antrim at all, he's put a post on Facebook saying he will only service cars as long as they are out of warranty and not on a service plan. He's just using a workshop that was next to the old Greers showroom
And your point?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Product cost takes overheads into account. 'cost' is not the same as what the dealer paid for the car. Profit is after everything is taken off.

You don't need to be hugely profitable, or profitable at all to run a good business. Just takes good cashflow. Look at Amazon for example.

Seemingly HMRC often take a different view...at least with small business when they **** them over.

SJM2016

RMS Regular
Drives
Green A-Class
Yeah it’s owned by one of the Greers but a new business nothing to do with the old defunct Greers Volvo dealership

Colin Greer makes that pretty clear in this Facebook post....

07E88773-8318-4510-989B-EA8C1F29EA7A.jpeg

davyk31

RMS Regular
Why MUST a car under warranty go to Agnews? The owner is free to do what they want and the warranty does not disappear so long as the parts and schedules are adhered to.
Sounds like Volvo are exerting some pressure.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Why MUST a car under warranty go to Agnews? The owner is free to do what they want and the warranty does not disappear so long as the parts and schedules are adhered to.

business maybe isn’t VAT registered yet as I think it’s the usual stipulation of keeping warranty valid. It reads to me they service any brand of car still under warranty, not just Volvos.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

Maybe for warranty repairs. I'm guessing a business with a similar name set up on a previously used site might make some people think they still did warranty work etc.

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti
Maybe for warranty repairs. I'm guessing a business with a similar name set up on a previously used site might make some people think they still did warranty work etc.

Probably some stipulations on winding up the business and Volvo most likely able to put restrictions on what they can do for a few years if they broke contract

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Could just be that Greer’s them selves don’t want to have to go to Volvo for payment when they do the warranty work,