Hardwood Logs - Delivered - Mid/East Antrim area

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Highly recommend Ian’s wood 😜
seriously but cut perfect for our burner and slow burn with good heat.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Assume this isn’t kiln dried is it? Is there an advantage to being kiln dried other than it being drier I guess?

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
No, this has air seasoned for 2 years, so is very dry without needing kiln drying. Tested a batch today and couldn’t get find anything above 16% moisture.

Kiln dried logs sound great, but if the wood is dried out too quickly it becomes case hardened. Basically moisture gets trapped inside as the log shrinks during drying. They’ll moisture test very low on the outside but the inside is still holding moisture.

Main advantage to a kiln though is that you can get put some moisture out in a few days rather than many many months.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Thanks and that makes sense for sure. Do they then need stored somewhere inside to keep dry? I have a log storage box outside which is made from pallets with a solid roof on top. Let’s the air in but possibly also a bit of rain depending on wind direction.

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Thanks and that makes sense for sure. Do they then need stored somewhere inside to keep dry? I have a log storage box outside which is made from pallets with a solid roof on top. Let’s the air in but possibly also a bit of rain depending on wind direction.

Aye, they’re best out of the rain, but the more airflow the better.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Anyone in the Coleraine/Ballymoney/kilrea/Garvagh area want to half a load with me. Ian is willling to come this far but needs to be a full load which is too much for me so would be handy to split with someone, 20 bags each.

johnm

RMS Regular
How's the form man, I'd take another load next time your in Belfast?
say 20? do you still have the same number?

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Anyone in the Coleraine/Ballymoney/kilrea/Garvagh area want to half a load with me. Ian is willling to come this far but needs to be a full load which is too much for me so would be handy to split with someone, 20 bags each.

Much is it for 20 bags each delivered?

davyk31

RMS Regular
20 bags each with delivery to Coleraine/Garvagh area was going to be £80 each from memory but maybe Ian can confirm.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
20 bags each with delivery to Coleraine/Garvagh area was going to be £80 each from memory but maybe Ian can confirm.

@ian i along with @davyk31 are happy to take 20 Bags each if that's ok with you. I think he's already been in contact with you. Were only a few miles apart

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
@Ian A David sent you a message just wondering if you had any thoughts? We would be keen to get sorted asap. Thanks

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hi all,

I’ll have to pull the ad, have just agreed to my sell my full stock for the winter to 1 customer.

Thanks to everyone for enquiring and orders, it’s hugely appreciated. Hope everyone that got logs is happy with them.

All the best,
Ian

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Morning all.

Have some Oak and Ash that’s actually seasoned up much better than expected. The outsides of some logs are green due to being stored outdoors in open air but as below pics show it’s still seasoned up well.

Moistures between 15-25% across the sample I found. Some as low as 12%.

£4 per bag plus delivery. Belfast & Mid-South Antrim covered. Happy to deliver anywhere if you’re okay with paying for it lol

Bag sizes are same as previous years. Scarily close to Woodcall’s bags which are £16 each, makes me think I’m a busy fool.

Likely be 500-700 bags total of this batch.

2B60C08D-E66D-4BB8-8199-695B923F2396.jpeg 9997F69A-8CDA-4BB8-B9E2-5C568B6CD21E.jpeg 96955566-013A-4DA4-BBC2-D1B40FBAE586.jpeg
06866FF4-A87E-41BD-9A31-3C035C7810F1.jpeg

Ghost

RMS Regular
Morning all.

Have some Oak and Ash that’s actually seasoned up much better than expected. The outsides of some logs are green due to being stored outdoors in open air but as below pics show it’s still seasoned up well.

Moistures between 15-25% across the sample I found. Some as low as 12%.

£4 per bag plus delivery. Belfast & Mid-South Antrim covered. Happy to deliver anywhere if you’re okay with paying for it lol

Bag sizes are same as previous years. Scarily close to Woodcall’s bags which are £16 each, makes me think I’m a busy fool.

Likely be 500-700 bags total of this batch.

View attachment 376070View attachment 376071View attachment 376072
View attachment 376073
Is mid South Antrim free delivery?

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Is mid South Antrim free delivery?

Depends on order size and where you are. You’re Antrim from memory?

Free delivery in Ballyclare in general, as that’s were the logs are.

Live in Belfast, just off Ormeau so if I can tie a run in there, can work with folks. (y)