Hello new German scrap

jimcupra

RMS Regular
So after getting numerous phone calls from bmw to sell the fugly 135. I eventually gave in. Never really got in with the car and preferred my st focus. Now at near 50 I reckon my days of hot hatches are all but over. Was thinking of the new m240 in purple but I wasn’t overly fussed on the shape of them. Bmw again rang last week to see if I was interested in selling so I decided worse comes to worse I could sell it back and walk away from the car. Had a quick look at the used section and spotted a lovely 430d convertible. 2020 with only 5k on it. Went on Friday morning to view it and left that day with the car. Have to say it’s bloody awesome. I drove the 135 like a bloody holigan every time I got into it. This is a totally different car. As Jamie said to me you will just want to waft along and he was right.
I’m not really into all of this model ballix and options so really no idea what is on the car. It has 3 cameras which I never use I can reverse and artic so this wee dinky toy is handy to manoeuvre. M sport plus pack red leather seats all electric and it has adaptive suspension. Probably a lot more my eyes glazed over when he started going through it all. As long as it had rubber mats for my boots I was happy.
Dealt with a nice lad Stuart better than the last Cnut I dealt with in country garage. Deal was done and he definitely went out of his way to make the deal and buying process a simple process.
Good going thing isn’t it @BLS 👍
Going to robin in studio 10 next week to get the paint up to a standard I would be happy with and a rear lip spoiler probably go gloss black. Other than that get the plate transferred retention came today and keep on minty mcmint.
B5141D43-8EF1-4EB5-A73F-0EC8CA639DED.jpeg
BB25440F-8942-4A90-92CB-77E011AE20CC.jpeg
24121141-841F-4A54-BE41-F7E6840034A1.jpeg
E102810E-5A17-4EE3-9A37-8A15FC45235A.jpeg
7C804CF8-2C2C-4969-8DCC-2FD042E6777D.jpeg

Attachments

• 986E5447-1AFD-42F5-9C6A-10582108300E.jpeg
    986E5447-1AFD-42F5-9C6A-10582108300E.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 41

MarkM

RMS Regular

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@MarkM it says it fits the convertible and coupe but I have no idea what the model numbers mean.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Very nice.
And it looks very "this is how I'm meant to look so don't modify anything on me you ****". Not many cars look like that straight out the showroom doors!

Enjoy the roof down/heated seats up 👍🏻👍🏻

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@southsky sunrise rinkha for ice cream or Newcastle for a wee herons country fried. 😂😂
@crx you might have warned me it was a good 10 years from I drove up there. Will call down some night curly for a yarn 👍👍
@Dave…… thank you sir loving it so far.
@Boksic I looked into lowering it but apparently not possible with the adaptive suspension. Also wheel spacers but mark said the most I could go was 5mm so not worth it. So I won’t be touching it bar a rear spoiler think glass black would look ok to tie with the other black bits on it. Once robin works his magic I will be happy with it. Few wee swirls on the paintwork.
@MarkM appears it fits both and it’s not dear money with the Black Friday deal works out at 47 sterling.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
Spoiler ordered for 47 notes I’m not expecting much probably have to shape the car to get it to fit 😂🙈

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
So after getting numerous phone calls from bmw to sell the fugly 135. I eventually gave in. Never really got in with the car and preferred my st focus. Now at near 50 I reckon my days of hot hatches are all but over. Was thinking of the new m240 in purple but I wasn’t overly fussed on the shape of them. Bmw again rang last week to see if I was interested in selling so I decided worse comes to worse I could sell it back and walk away from the car. Had a quick look at the used section and spotted a lovely 430d convertible. 2020 with only 5k on it. Went on Friday morning to view it and left that day with the car. Have to say it’s bloody awesome. I drove the 135 like a bloody holigan every time I got into it. This is a totally different car. As Jamie said to me you will just want to waft along and he was right.
I’m not really into all of this model ballix and options so really no idea what is on the car. It has 3 cameras which I never use I can reverse and artic so this wee dinky toy is handy to manoeuvre. M sport plus pack red leather seats all electric and it has adaptive suspension. Probably a lot more my eyes glazed over when he started going through it all. As long as it had rubber mats for my boots I was happy.
Dealt with a nice lad Stuart better than the last Cnut I dealt with in country garage. Deal was done and he definitely went out of his way to make the deal and buying process a simple process.
Good going thing isn’t it @BLS 👍
Going to robin in studio 10 next week to get the paint up to a standard I would be happy with and a rear lip spoiler probably go gloss black. Other than that get the plate transferred retention came today and keep on minty mcmint.
View attachment 341820View attachment 341821View attachment 341822View attachment 341823View attachment 341824
Yes have to admit it goes really well Mate 😋 and rear wheel drive 😀
Welcome back Jim, can just see you and peter away to the port for an ice cream in that 😜.
Yes mate and my hair getting messed up 🤣

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@BLS certainly pulls well different kind of power. Sure I can join you I have no hair to blow about now 😂😂😂

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
It really does look the part Jim. Looking forward to getting a run in it whenever I’m back home. Enjoy it mate.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Looks well, love the red leather in BMWs. So much nicer than the standard black, which looks a bit like plastic at times.

tiw30

RMS Regular
Absolutely no problems lowering adaptive, exactly the same as lowering passive as long as your only changing springs, if you want to go uprating shocks there are plenty of uprated shocks from most of the better manufacturers that are suitable for adaptive

tiw30

RMS Regular
You would have to code out the adaptive, there are coilovers suitable for working with the adaptive suspension as well from the likes of Bilstein
At this stage lots of manufactures offer standard replacement or uprated damper units for Adaptive BMW's and the springs are the same for adaptive or standard.
I have adaptive in mine and they work perfectly, BMW also replaced an adaptive shock on mine through warranty without any questions while Eibach springs were fitted strangely enough.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The Eibach springs are black, you could always sand off the wee white Eibach logo and spray them black over the top….

I don’t think yours needs a drop personally, it’s the xdrive ones that are mental.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
@tiw30 not a route I want to go down with coding happy to leave it and just enjoy the car. Alas when it comes to warranty I would be unlucky and told to do 1

jimcupra

RMS Regular
OP
jimcupra
My 135 was xdrive and you could have put a soccer ball between the tyre and arch. It’s comfortable and that’s 1 of the reasons I changed the 135 was just too stiff. Plus it was a dull drive which didn’t help.