Help me choose a HU...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
But id only do it if the Pioneer ipod link worked, so id have FULL control. Did the ice link control folder, track etc on the HU too, just as much as the pioneer one would?

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Pioneer it is then... awesome price:cool:

You lot wont ditch me cause I wont have a dvd player and screens?:oops:

-Pete-

RMS Regular
what did you do with your 7909l lenny!?!? please tell me you have it!?!?!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
fapping bargain!!!!! any ideas where it is now? i wouldnt think so but thought best to ask

NO LIMITS

Lyons said:
But id only do it if the Pioneer ipod link worked, so id have FULL control. Did the ice link control folder, track etc on the HU too, just as much as the pioneer one would?
Yes Lyons it has full ipod control onboard:cool:

NO LIMITS

I Think The 88 Is Only Available Through Pioneer Prs Dealers Exclusivley And Audio Advice Are The Only Prs Dealers In Northern Ireland:cool:

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Its scratched to buggery lyons.....

Humm.... dont think I could live with that!:oops:

Krisclio ( SQD )

RMS Trader
Drives
Megane dci130
NO LIMITS said:
I Think The 88 Is Only Available Through Pioneer Prs Dealers Exclusivley And Audio Advice Are The Only Prs Dealers In Northern Ireland:cool:

lol, you're starting to show your ignorance now! any pioneer product is available though any pioneer dealer. a dealer that stocks car audio products will be able to get you a 42" plasma screen if you want it.

NO LIMITS

Krisclio ( SQD ) said:
lol, you're starting to show your ignorance now! any pioneer product is available though any pioneer dealer. a dealer that stocks car audio products will be able to get you a 42" plasma screen if you want it.

My ignorance u say . Speak to Pioneer about this and they will tell u different young wanabee. AUDIO ADVICE ARE NOW THE ONLY PRS DEALER IN NORTHERN IRELAND AS FROM MID APRIL .:cool:

Pioneers theory behind this is to protect the high end brand and stop the box moving shaggers selling product they dont understand and cant fit,a bit like the Alpine F#1 product and its dealer base.
right back at u boywonder;)

-Pete-

RMS Regular
jl audio have withdrawn all internet sales and trading now totally too. bit backward in some sense but you can see why. protecting their products and their image.

Steve VTi

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R EP3
NO LIMITS said:
My ignorance u say . Speak to Pioneer about this and they will tell u different young wanabee. AUDIO ADVICE ARE NOW THE ONLY PRS DEALER IN NORTHERN IRELAND AS FROM MID APRIL .:cool:

Pioneers theory behind this is to protect the high end brand and stop the box moving shaggers selling product they dont understand and cant fit,a bit like the Alpine F#1 product and its dealer base.
right back at u boywonder;)

yes he is correct there,we are the only PRS dealers in northern ireland.the P88 unit is brillant unit.:laughing:

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
What about an hu from Nakamichi or Becker if you have plenty of doh to spend? Would be different and the audiophiles have wet dreams about their stuff :heart: lol

jamesy

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Had a becker before jamesy....

The big problem is they dont work that well with genesis amps....

I am pretty sure I am going to give the pioneer a go... I will loose the dvd player and double din... But what the heck!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
I was looking at that eariler lyons...

But I really want local dealer back up!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, i understand. Theres no arguing it is fancy with a capital "F" but!

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Lenny, if your thinking about going down the old school alpine hu route, im about to ebay a CDA-7998
CDA-7998R.jpg

A fantastic headunit packed with features, no internal amp, but it still weighs three times that of an ordinary headunit! :eek: In the right hands it would make an excellent sq head unit!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.