Hillsborough Super Car Sunday this sunday

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
You pictures turned out awesome @mcmurray ! You gotta be pleased with those!

I had an awesome day - never been to anything like this before where there were such exotics!

Here's a few of what I snapped today:

Berlinetta & Scuderia
by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

Ferrari F40

Ferrari F40

Ferrari F40

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

Ferrari 599 GTO

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

Ferrari 458 Italia

Maserati

Ferrari F355 GTS

Still got some more to brush up and upload.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Those are great @paulmcmillen . That Maserati is lovely, never seen it today. Good chatting to you again. (y)

Wasn't happy with the ones in under the bridge but they'll do.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
@Derekm - Exige sounded fantastic when you got a clear run past us

was @Deezer-D in the 1M? - if so that was us gee'in you on at the side of the carriageway.

@nobby 's NSX has the most glorious exhaust note, I could have stood there all day waiting on you passing over and over again. Pretty sure we showed our excitement every time :laughing: Beautiful noise man and a gorgeous car.

Ferrari's did absolutely nothing for me, but the white AMG - DVV1T produced the most glorious of soundtracks both up and down the hill, could have listened to that all day.

The McLaren managed to slip on past a few times without even being noticed. So beautiful once you actually realise what it is.

The Jag F-Type sounded incredible and seemed to be brave and fit given the space to open its lungs. The atom was seriously struggling for grip every time we saw him.

But Mercers GTR - as much as the car itself doesn't really light me up, for giving the people a value for money run, he has my vote!!!! hooligan that needed very very little persuasion to open it up.

Nice to see a Police presence that wasn't there to ruin the day, although I cannot begin to imagine the frustration of the supercar drivers with the number of asshats sticking to the outside lane.

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Shame they can't get a road order to close off the outer lane up to the hillsborough roundabout for a few hours.

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Those are great @paulmcmillen . That Maserati is lovely, never seen it today. Good chatting to you again. (y)

Wasn't happy with the ones in under the bridge but they'll do.

Likewise - it was good to get chatting again! The Maserati was stunning, shame I never got to see/hear it go. I didn't get many usable ones from under the tunnel, though I liked these:

Lotus Exige

Ferrari F40

Ferrari F40

Ferrari 348

Bigman

RMS Regular
Drives
M516D
The f12 was immense the sound of the thing :eek: anyone see what caused the blue scooby to pull flat out onto the grass central reservation? Ive a feeling it was one the many dumb ass sunday drivers pulling out at 30mph completely oblivious to dozens of supercars in the fast lane :rolleyes:

I know who it was but ill not say just in case..i was taking pic from the opposite direction and my gf pointed it out..not sure what he was doing

jaybo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bug WRX
That
The f12 was immense the sound of the thing :eek: anyone see what caused the blue scooby to pull flat out onto the grass central reservation? Ive a feeling it was one the many dumb ass sunday drivers pulling out at 30mph completely oblivious to dozens of supercars in the fast lane :rolleyes:

that would have been me and yes some complete tool pulled out infront of me with about 2 foot to spare. Had a brown pants moment. i have no idea how i wasn't into the knob. im pretty sure he didn't check his mirrors and also pretty sure he didn't know he near totalled me ffs

Last edited:

PeteMoore

RMS Regular

Some serious f*ckin idiots on that stretch of road today, felt like there should have been signs up requesting people to stick to the inside lane. A lot of very near misses, fortunately none that I saw involving any of the supercars.

Old fella parked behind me pulled out infront of an ambulance, never even looked in his mirrors, ambulance went to bridge the two lanes pushing someone in the outside lane out to the far edge of the road. Amazing considering he had sat for 45 minutes watching what was going on yet continued to pull out oblivious to the oncoming traffic

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
That

that would have been me and yes some complete tool pulled out infront of me with about 2 foot to spare. Had a brown pants moment. i have no idea how i wasn't into the knob. i

What spoiler is on your car at the minute? The small WRX one? if so, we all fell in love with how your car looked, bit low, but cracker looking on the road.

jaybo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bug WRX
What spoiler is on your car at the minute? The small WRX one? if so, we all fell in love with how your car looked, bit low, but cracker looking on the road.

Thanks. yeah just a standard wrx one on it nowadays . I've had all sorts on the back of it from wrc spoilers and spoilerless lol

krisniblock

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 Golf Clipper
was marshalling at it today and got a go in the 1M and wow was that thing fun! was a good day apart from the rain :worried:

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
Thanks. yeah just a standard wrx one on it nowadays . I've had all sorts on the back of it from wrc spoilers and spoilerless lol
I dont suppose your motor would be about the Carnmoney area from time to time I swear Ive seen it at the rear of my house spoiler less before

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
Enjoyed that today. I struggle to get excited about anything since about the year 2000 so to stand in the same carpark as that f40 was more than enough for me.

Jonny

RMS Regular
Brilliant day :grinning: managed to bid successfully on a run in the 599 GTO absolutely fantastic experience :grinning:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf

There was no signs up, detours/diversions in place, marshalls or police or any other safety measures taken from what I seen, and I just dropped in off the motorway to head to B&Q.

At the end of the day, its a public highway that wasn't closed or cordoned off in any shape or form, and had 1 of them hit me, I'd have been taking him to the cleaners as I would be pretty certain normal insurance wouldn't have covered them to be doing what they were doing on the road...

That said, I liked the big Ford pick-up, much to @SMcP114's disapproval (y)

Curtiz

RMS Regular
Absolutely gutted, forgot this was on today. The pictures looks fantastic, some fantastic cars from the looks of it! Love the F12 :eek: Raging!

That C63 is possibly my ultimate dream car, wish I heard it!!!!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I was wanting to see massive plumes of soot, was left disappointed :worried: Class looking though

Yet to see a proper Yank truck on these shores that knows how to roll coal... Always bitterly disappointed when they taken off and sound like a Dyson...

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I thought it was a bit mental that the road was open to normal Sunday drivers. As I've never been before I assumed part of the road would be closed for the event cars.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
There was an older green AMG auto merc floating about too, big lazy V8 sounded great on kick down and propelled that thing up the road at a rate that didn't match the engine note at all.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.