Honda Accord 03 - Arctic Blue Pearl - iVTEC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Good job anyway. I hated doing wheels. Each set I do I swear I'll never do it again then after a while you forget and do another set.
Felt like that the whole way through than one but its worth it

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Good job anyway. I hated doing wheels. Each set I do I swear I'll never do it again then after a while you forget and do another set.

Took the words right out of my mouth! I've lost count of the wheels I've refurbed & hated doing every last set.

Does look a hell of a lot neater. Don't be so fussy, looks great! Good to see you're cleaning her up nicely. (y)

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Took the words right out of my mouth! I've lost count of the wheels I've refurbed & hated doing every last set.

Does look a hell of a lot neater. Don't be so fussy, looks great! Good to see you're cleaning her up nicely. (y)
Getting there slowly. I'm unbelievably picky mate and having a very low budget atm doesn't help. I keep looking for all the wee imperfections lol

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Wheel two all primed, looking better
uploadfromtaptalk1390064890716.jpg

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Getting there slowly. I'm unbelievably picky mate and having a very low budget atm doesn't help. I keep looking for all the wee imperfections lol

Haha I was the same, just don't look so close. Nobody else is going to notice the minor imperfections that you do.

Look at it this way, it was so scraped before that even a bad job is an improvement. But it looks like you've done a good job so don't be too down about it. :grinning:

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Haha I was the same, just don't look so close. Nobody else is going to notice the minor imperfections that you do.

Look at it this way, it was so scraped before that even a bad job is an improvement. But it looks like you've done a good job so don't be too down about it.
Cheers mate you are right. Be worth it when its done, should tidy the car up massively

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Any suggestions for getting a small bit of over spray off the sidewalls?

Two wheels now done, will be finishing this week. Will try and get a pic later but its a night and day difference :grinning: These wheels actually look decent when sorted

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Maybe a small dab of thinners on a rag might do the trick? Then give it a lick with tyre slick.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Last edited:

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
I'm alright for now cheers paddy, unless you wanna apply the 100% RMS discount haha.

Switched those terrible MTEC501 bulbs out for LEDs there now. Much better, they are class bulbs

Much better :grinning:

These are for the reverse and tail light,

Not number plate.

Well i'll just stash them in the drawer then!

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
These are for the reverse and tail light,

Not number plate.

Well i'll just stash them in the drawer then!
Have u put yours in yet? Don't know whether to bother putting LEDs in tai lights, indicators etc, do they make much difference behind the lenses?

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Have u put yours in yet? Don't know whether to bother putting LEDs in tai lights, indicators etc, do they make much difference behind the lenses?

Second to none.

It is like night and day compared to a filament bulb.

Well worth the money.

I have now changed EVERY bulb to SMD, even right down to the heated seat switch.

For that I went for white off, yellow low and red high!

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Second to none.

It is like night and day compared to a filament bulb.

Well worth the money.

I have now changed EVERY bulb to SMD, even right down to the heated seat switch.

For that I went for white off, yellow low and red high!
Pics?

Take it they are sweet for MOT

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Same place most of mine are until bulbs start to go pop then I'll go do them all
Pics?

Take it they are sweet for MOT

These are the rear bulbs I used...

$(KGrHqV,!q0FBgMUBoKuBQsE2TskrQ~~60_12.JPG

Interior were these...

215CF906-EC2E-4CE0-AB50-09885B4F3148_zpsijad5esk.jpg

D72C19DD-A620-4CBD-83E8-5873181CDB80_zpsx1eutwmz.jpg

37C1BB28-062C-4E87-A255-AA9D712E5BB5_zpsug54hurr.jpg

Replace the headlights / full beam and fogs with Cree lights...

These...

$_12.JPG

All the other small interior bulbs have been replace with their counter part SMDs.

Right down to all switches, radio/climate control and dash. ( And any other bulb that was possible!)

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Oh i know, but i was sat beside the jiffy bag full of LEDs so snapped a shot.

I'll grab a video of my indicators for you - just white ones and the lens does the colouring, dont think I ordered amber bulbs

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
These are the rear bulbs I used...

$(KGrHqV,!q0FBgMUBoKuBQsE2TskrQ~~60_12.JPG

Interior were these...

215CF906-EC2E-4CE0-AB50-09885B4F3148_zpsijad5esk.jpg

D72C19DD-A620-4CBD-83E8-5873181CDB80_zpsx1eutwmz.jpg

Replace the headlights / full beam and fogs with Cree lights...

These...

$_12.JPG

All the other small interior bulbs have been replace with their counter part SMDs.

Right down to all switches, radio/climate control and dash. ( And any other bulb that was possible!)

Not that I want to piss on your parade, but the crees may not fit into the headlight hole - do please update if they do, I know for a fact the LED ones are a mile away from fitting

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Not that I want to piss on your parade, but the crees may not fit into the headlight hole - do please update if they do, I know for a fact the LED ones are a mile away from fitting

They have been fitted and utilised since they arrived in the post. (y)

H1 for high and low.

H11 for fogs.

No bother.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.