Honda Accord Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So trawling through YouTube videos on Accord’s (I know I’m sad) and I’ve found another Milano Red CH6 (hatch) that has a Type R boot spoiler fitted and from this only angle in that vid, I think it actually looks ok
C13C775B-8646-40D7-BAF4-8009C010BD71.png

Now if only I knew someone that had a Type R Spoiler ……. Lol

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
So trawling through YouTube videos on Accord’s (I know I’m sad) and I’ve found another Milano Red CH6 (hatch) that has a Type R boot spoiler fitted and from this only angle in that vid, I think it actually looks ok
View attachment 342563
Now if only I knew someone that had a Type R Spoiler ……. Lol
Looks a winner to me (y)Worst thing is when you watch the videos after you buy it and every video tells you the things to check and I checked none of them haha

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Looks a winner to me (y)Worst thing is when you watch the videos after you buy it and every video tells you the things to check and I checked none of them haha
Yea as you may have read earlier in the thread I did exactly that, found out about the rotten bulkheads that these seem to suffer from after I’d swapped the car. Panic set in for a day or two until I was able to check it out!

Never have I breathed a huge sigh of relief like it before when I found mine to be solid! 😂

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
All of the lag none of the boost :p:joy: the only vtec I've driven was a L12 i vtec in a jazz and it was completely linear with no changeover but I suppose it's designed for Granny to pop down to M&S in. Drove an auto1.6 civic 1.6 but I don't think it had vtec. I have gone to look at 1.8 civics but they're alway gone by the time I go to see them I've always fancied trying vtec.

Chris0

RMS Regular
Funny I’ve been looking at either K20 or H22 swaps for it. Gonna need a lot of saving up to do either! Lol

Though I’m leaning towards the H22 as I think it’ll be an easier swap to do
Would be a good bit cheaper to go H22 seems prices are about 600+ for H22 and 1200+ for K20

The Americans seem to love the H22 for big power turbo builds.

Did the type r in these come with a B18? Looks like you have a clean base for anything you do with it. Always enjoy having a nosey at what you tinker with

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Would be a good bit cheaper to go H22 seems prices are about 600+ for H22 and 1200+ for K20

The Americans seem to love the H22 for big power turbo builds.

Did the type r in these come with a B18? Looks like you have a clean base for anything you do with it. Always enjoy having a nosey at what you tinker with
Yea as has been said the Type R in the accords was the H22.

Prices seem fairly similar for the h22 and the k20’s anywhere from £1k upwards.

Might be cheaper to throw a small turbo on the F18 lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If you do a swap, buy a crash damaged or cat donor car with working running gear. That way you know it runs, you have everything, no stupid wee bit or harness or whatever missing or cut off, etc. Then break and sell the rest.

Though to be honest you'd probably be best off just making a type R anything your next car :innocent:

Enjoy the Accord for what it is, it's a lovely car.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
If you do a swap, buy a crash damaged or cat donor car with working running gear. That way you know it runs, you have everything, no stupid wee bit or harness or whatever missing or cut off, etc. Then break and sell the rest.

Though to be honest you'd probably be best off just making a type R anything your next car :innocent:

Enjoy the Accord for what it is, it's a lovely car.

Sensible and kind words. It is indeed a lovely car and one I’m already having a lot of fun with. Sure it’s not the fastest (136bhp from factory), but as you well know it’s that Vtec induction noise!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
So that's £850, not £600, for a 120k engine with no loom or gearbox, and missing an exhaust manifold and lord knows what else. Presumably no ECU either? And no knowing if it actually runs.

It's cheap though, that's true.

Chris0

RMS Regular
I was looking at the H22A8 as a spare more than anything at 650 but I am just saying they can be bought for that price doesn’t mean it’s a smart buy

There is a guy on Facebook that was breaking a silver type R was a decent fella when I got a few bits off him so could be worth a shout for a spoiler

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.