Honda Accord Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I was looking at the H22A8 as a spare more than anything at 650 but I am just saying they can be bought for that price doesn’t mean it’s a smart buy

There is a guy on Facebook that was breaking a silver type R was a decent fella when I got a few bits off him so could be worth a shout for a spoiler
There’s a fellow RMS’r who has a red type r spoiler for me, we just haven’t arranged a time as to when it can be picked up. However I’m in no rush given the time of year it is.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Nothing new to report other than I gave the car a good blast today when taking my darling little germ factories down to Belfast to be PCR’d due to a covid cluster in their class.

The three kids and I had such a giggle every time we hit the Vtec! 😅

Whilst bored this evening I googled “how many left” and discovered that there are 924 of these Sports left on the road across both 1.8 and 2.0 versions.

0243CD93-F9ED-4256-966E-54FE3FE3AFB7.png

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Not a big update, but today a pair of LED reverse bulbs finally turned up after nearly four weeks. I was pleasantly surprised by the difference they’ve made to the back end. Hopefully see how they perform after dark later.

Before:
E2E34A3D-4BB5-444E-A8AB-0A1E05CAE2E1.jpeg

And After:
1150C4E2-C789-4F42-A40E-DE3C5E6C17C6.jpeg

I’ve just ordered a pair of tailgate struts for her as well because it’s beginning to “fall” slowly when opened. Definitely no point fitting a BGW to it with worn out tailgate struts!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
A fresh Sport badge would brighten up the rear also.
Can’t find one for love nor money!

I’ve even tried on parts-Honda.uk website which interestingly doesn’t even list a Sport badge as being fitted to these?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Bulbs look well, I seen a black type r over the Christmas period and they are still eye catching.

I would just remove the badge.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Could try a paint pen to save messing with removing the badge. There's markers you can get do it.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I would remove the sport and accord badges, much cleaner.

I know it isn't, but the accord badge looks wonky because of that curved crease line.

There is a silver accord with a black bonnet this shape frequenting near me recently, fitted with a fart canon....

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I would remove the sport and accord badges, much cleaner.

I know it isn't, but the accord badge looks wonky because of that curved crease line.

There is a silver accord with a black bonnet this shape frequenting near me recently, fitted with a fart canon....
Yea that Accord badge angle does annoy me if I’m honest! Lol. As you say it is straight but the angles of the swage lines make it look off.

Ah the fart canon, so glad I removed mine lol

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
The price of genuine Honda badges surprised me, granted I've never bought badges for any of my previous cars so have nothing to compare it to. My car came with non-standard front and rear, but a Type R should have red badges IMO. Genuine replacements are £80 each front and rear, two genuine fakes from ebay complete with Honda part number were £28 for the pair. Going to put side decals on when I get the paint corrected in the spring, £90 for two stickers which only seem to come with a Type R grille badge.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
The price of genuine Honda badges surprised me, granted I've never bought badges for any of my previous cars so have nothing to compare it to. My car came with non-standard front and rear, but a Type R should have red badges IMO. Genuine replacements are £80 each front and rear, two genuine fakes from ebay complete with Honda part number were £28 for the pair. Going to put side decals on when I get the paint corrected in the spring, £90 for two stickers which only seem to come with a Type R grille badge.
Vauxhall wanted £72 for the Griffen badge on the front of my Insignia that fell off (common issue)!!!

A mate 3D printed a Decepticon badge I designed to go in its place

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.