How long should a typical crash repair take?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Almost a month since we left a car with an accident repair place. One of two to choose from via insurance. Told us would take approx 1 week.
Suzuki Swift, front bumper, headlight, wing, possibly bonnet hinge too.
Still waiting for parts apparently.
What do you think is usual, likely, normal time frame for this sort of thing?

Gambit

RMS Regular
as above - id say parts maybe are on backorder. worth ringing up your suzuki dealer and ask for the parts yourself to confirm if there is a back order issue. Then if not you can start complaining like fook to the insurance company

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I’ve heard of crash repairs held up for months waiting on parts a few times. A fella my dad worked with years ago had to wait on a Suzuki rear bumper coming on the slow boat from Japan. Think it was a Swift gt can really remember but he had to buy a car to do him while he was waiting.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
As stated some of the bigger places like to charge for a courtesy car and take the p155 to say the least as they make more £ from that than the repair. Friend had a new Mondeo about 5years ago that was rear ended when it was a week old, damage wasn't that bad, bumper and bootlid really. They'd the car over three months, same place had a mates Clio 2months gave the same dopey excuse about parts being held up. If the car was left with an independant garage you know it would have been sorted within the week.

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
Wife got a bit more detail from them today, so there's some issue with condenser and radiator that must have got a knock as well. We aren't on contract hire, we own the Swift outright.

Courtesy car is Suzuki Alto. Never realised it was such a big step down from a Swift, lol.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Is it a large outfit beginning with the letter W by any chance?

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
For some reason I can't insert quotes or @user names anymore, but vw1500, it's not W. It's LC and it's northwest.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Some parts are an absolute disaster to get at the minute so quite possibly they are waiting on some off them

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
2 girls in my work both have cars in for crash repairs at the minute. 1 with wrights and 1 at charles hurst. both have been waiting for at least 3 weeks longer than they were told it would take, and thats 2 weeks at the minute with no confirmed date in sight.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
How long is a piece of string. I have had cars fixed in days and then one of mine took nearly 3 months - a mixture of parts on back order and snow delaying delivery and that was just a door and wing mirror. I was just glad I wasn’t paying the bills

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Rather than start a new thread. Son just phoned tonight, woman drove into the side of his Volvo C30 (2010). Driver door caved in and front wing with some damage.

Car is valued at £3500. What the chances of it being wrote off as I think I would prefer that rather than a repair job. Can’t imagine a door, wing and paint will be less than £2k now?

'96dc2

RMS Regular
she’s admitted fault etc. so hopefully all straight forward, although I know how quickly it can get messy.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Rather than start a new thread. Son just phoned tonight, woman drove into the side of his Volvo C30 (2010). Driver door caved in and front wing with some damage.

Car is valued at £3500. What the chances of it being wrote off as I think I would prefer that rather than a repair job. Can’t imagine a door, wing and paint will be less than £2k now?
4 ish years ago when the passengers door of our xc60 was repaired through insurers was just shy of 2k for the parts and labour, not including the 3 days hire car costs, doesnt look good for the c30 im afraid

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Neighbour thumped a kerb in the ice in his wife's swift. I was away in England lifting a car at the time and when I got back he asked me to take a look. Offside wishbone was bent and that was it. No other damage. I told him I'd get one and throw it in but he then told me he'd already informed insurance and they'd be coming to lift it. I was raging with him for going through his insurance.

It went to one of the big name repairers in Lisburn and he didn't get it back for 3 months!!

3 months to stick a £40 part in.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
82F5CD07-ACEE-4569-918B-AB4F7CEFF554.jpeg

That’s the damage