How to get rid of tyre marks on tarmac?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
No local driveway restore company's near to you friends house, I'd be on the phone to a professional instead of listening to some of the suggestions above:scream:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
No local driveway restore company's near to you friends house, I'd be on the phone to a professional instead of listening to some of the suggestions above:scream:

I'd be checking this ^ too!

Although if you go for one of the previous options, make sure you video it!

28033x0.gif

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You can look at the bottom layer then^o)

Petrol will melt the tar and stain it, a power washer will take the worst off but you will end up with stripes where the nozzle was close. A wire brush might be the safest.

It will wear off after a few months!

Time to engage sarcasm detector there mike lol

Andy55

RMS Regular
we had a guy came to the door in a transit offering tarmacing and hedge trimming services. I could get you his number if you want? lol

You could contact a tarmac company and see what they would recommend. Should have a fair idea what would clean it without doing damage.

DavyC

RMS Regular
I wouldnt go near it with petrol incase it softened or stained it, and I'd be worried the wire brush might be a bit harsh. As it generally weathers off then how about speeding that process up?... yard brush a taste of sand back and forward across the marks in all directions, then brush the sand up / give it a good rinse with the garden hose?.. No power washer tho as you'll end up having to do the whole thing, and that's not suspicious looking at all!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I use petrol to take the tar spots off the car so guess what it will do to a drive?

Water, a yard brush and maybe sand would help.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
If it's a "mates" dander on and let him worry it out lol

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Give ICB Emulsions in Portadown a shout. They sell tar friendly detergents, should be able to get you something. It will be expensive though!
028 3836 4949

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I'd deny all knowledge of it.

I remember driving a mate out to this house party, really fancy house with gardens etc, was pitch black, and when I was turning I'd driven onto a pristine lawn, it was wet. Was 2nd gear wheel spinning out of it. Thought I was starting to sink. Muck and grass everywhere. I hadn't been driving that long either.

I cleaned up the evidence off my car and never mentioned it, until the mate said a few weeks later that the guy got a right earfull from his dad when he came home, who thought it was him. Took his car off him for a few months as well....

Feel better for confessing that:p

56oval

RMS Regular
At Santa Pod When the track crew clean the startline up for the next session of an FIA round they use a blowtorch, heat the rubber up and then scrape it all off of the tarmac, im sure they clean any left residue with some form of solvent of some description. Good luck.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.